Highlighted

Opening Essential Graphics Panel Causes Crash

Engaged ,
May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Working on putting together demo of Essential Graphics Panel but every time I try to open it, it causes a crash. I tried reinstalling Premiere to no avail.

Running Windows 10 Home, Intel i5-6400 @ 2.7G, NVidia GeForce GTX 960 4G VRAM

From Event Viewer --
Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 11.1.0.222, time stamp: 0x58ecca37

Faulting module name: dvaworkspace.dll, version: 11.1.0.222, time stamp: 0x58ec91f0

Exception code: 0xc000041d

Fault offset: 0x00000000000abe4a

Faulting process id: 0x2868

Faulting application start time: 0x01d2ce95a657686c

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017\dvaworkspace.dll

Report Id: 93f268b3-489a-4699-bebf-90e60e51d6fd

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

TOPICS
Crash, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Opening Essential Graphics Panel Causes Crash

Engaged ,
May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Working on putting together demo of Essential Graphics Panel but every time I try to open it, it causes a crash. I tried reinstalling Premiere to no avail.

Running Windows 10 Home, Intel i5-6400 @ 2.7G, NVidia GeForce GTX 960 4G VRAM

From Event Viewer --
Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 11.1.0.222, time stamp: 0x58ecca37

Faulting module name: dvaworkspace.dll, version: 11.1.0.222, time stamp: 0x58ec91f0

Exception code: 0xc000041d

Fault offset: 0x00000000000abe4a

Faulting process id: 0x2868

Faulting application start time: 0x01d2ce95a657686c

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017\dvaworkspace.dll

Report Id: 93f268b3-489a-4699-bebf-90e60e51d6fd

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

TOPICS
Crash, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 17, 2017 0
Participant ,
Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue in CC 2018, Mac OS 10.11.6.  Created template in After Effects CC 2018, but in PP when I try to open Essential Graphics panel application crashes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2018 0
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a permanent fix, but a quick work around is too disable GPU acceleration and to use software only, this tends to limit the amount of crashes you get when using essential graphics. If you're on a windows machine try installing legacy drivers for your GPU, if you're on Mac, avoid using metal acceleration, Open CL is slower but more stable, software only is even slower but even more stable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2018 0
Participant ,
Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on a Mac.  Nope, none of that helped but thanks anyway.  Tried a new project as well as an updated one, crashes every time essential graphics panel tries to open.   Was on chat support earlier and I was able to open once but the next time I tried it crashed and crashes ever since.  Will try support again tomorrow. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2018 0
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried opening the same project on a different machine and replicate the error? If not, it could be a render/cache issue. Try deleting all your renders, and clear project cache, and see if that helps. Also avoid using overly intricate titles/shapes, its better to work on those in After Effects / Illustrator and bringing them as high res PNGs (importing PSDs is still glitchy so stick to PNGs, GIFs and JPEGs, hopefully this will reduce the amount of headaches this is probably giving you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2018 0
Participant ,
Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again but for anyone else reading this thread none of this helps.  PP crashes as soon as I open Essential Graphics panel so no options to dumb it down.  Not being able to link templates from AE is a non starter issue.  Media cache has been cleared, no renders involved.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 12, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marcial,

Try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Open Premiere Pro.

2. Create a new project.

3. Go to Windows menu in Premiere Pro>Workspace and deselect "Import workspace from Projects" option.

4. Then in the same menu select reset workspace to saved layout (The workspace you use).

5. Close Premiere open your old project and check.

//Vinay

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 12, 2018 1
Participant ,
Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After literally days working on this with multiple tech support agents, problem solved.  It was a corruption in typekit fonts/syncing issue.  Deleting fonts and re-linking fixes.   

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 13, 2018 2
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. How did you go about deleting your fonts? And then how did you get them back?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. How did you delete fonts and relinked?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally just upgraded to the latest version of Premiere Pro which solved the problem. However many clips don't relink when upgrading to Premiere Pro 12.1 which I had previously done but then went back to 12.0 because of the relinking issue. So now the essential graphics doesn't crash but I have to deal with the other issues. Thanks Premiere Pro for never thinking about the fact that some projects are never completely done with.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I had the same problem which started yesterday and I decided to delete everything I had done in the last 2 days until I found the problem and apparently it was a .mogrt file that I had imported that was the cause.

It was the BOXD 4K lower thirds and I think it might be due to something with the files but it fixed my problem and now Premiere Pro is working like a charm again.

Maybe you should try and go through any recent imports and changes and you might find that the problem is actually something really simple.

Hope this helps

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2018 1
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sammy,

I think I'm experiencing the same exact problem you had. I downloaded a lower third and now every time I open up the 'Essential Graphics' tab, my Premiere crashes.

How did you delete the file? I'm having trouble locating them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2018 3
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem, please adobe give us some answer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a clue of Typekit is corrupted, here is how I fix the bug :

1. Create a new project, reset workspace to default ( choose one from Editing/Assembly that does not have Essential Graphics panel in it ).

2. Click the Type Tool and write something in.

3. You can now open Essential Graphics panel without worry about crashing to desktop again.

Hope this helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2018 1
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out a solution [for me]. My issue started after I installed a new graphic template. If this is the cause you have to open your preferences >> Media Cache >> & under Media Cache Database click "Browse" and it will show premiere folder with your loaded templates, I simply deleted the last/corrupt file & premiere stopped crashing. If this doesn't work I advise you back-track & find the cause of your crash. Good Luck!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2018 1
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my God, that is what happened to me, unfortunately i delete the motion graphic at windows explorer

i tired to uninstall and install again the premier pro 2018 but it did not work, where should i do to fix the folder that i deleted, please kindly give me a hint

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for info. After I press 'Browse' it took me to the rood directory of C, D.

Can you guide where are the "premiere folder with your loaded templates" located ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 01, 2019 0
Sylker LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no need to press the Browse button. The folder location is shown under the Media Cache Database title. You have reach that address mannualy or just use the Go to Folder command in Finder Go menu.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0