Highlighted

Opening Premiere

Enthusiast ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I start Premiere for the first time it asks for Username and Password.  As long as I do not shutdown my desktop computer I can access it any time I go back into Premiere.

Topics

Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Opening Premiere

Enthusiast ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I start Premiere for the first time it asks for Username and Password.  As long as I do not shutdown my desktop computer I can access it any time I go back into Premiere.

Topics

Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like you may not be signed in on the CC Desktop app?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

Please do NOT add images via the "attach files" box, as you are then forcing everyone to DOWNLOAD the file to view it outside their browser. Drag/drop the image files directly ONTO your reply box so other users can see them without needing to download unknown strange files.
Thank you! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, I have had that happen to me a lot - and at random. Even while Premiere Pro was in the middle of a rendering job, then the program shuts down back to the Windows desktop all of a sudden with absolutely no warning whatsoever. And when I signed back on, Adobe's server asked me for a six-digit confirmation code every time that happened.

The culprit may be the frequent BIOS updates to certain motherboards. That can, and does, mess up the software configuration. In fact, some of my paid programs ask me to re-register the programs immediately following a BIOS update. Adobe's Creative Cloud desktop app treats every single BIOS version for a particular motherboard as an entirely different PC.

My solution was to sign out of Creative Cloud (thereby deactivating the programs), completely uninstall all of the Creative Cloud programs, and the Creative Cloud desktop app, using a combination of the in-desktop-app uninstall procedure and the separately downloaded Creative Cloud Cleaner tool, and then re-download and re-install the Creative Cloud desktop app and the Creative Cloud programs. Make sure that you download the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool and not the confusingly-named CC Cleaner Tool as the latter is strictly for pre-2019 versions of Creative Cloud.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines