• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening Up SHQ2 CODEC in Adobe Pr CC 2020

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an edit to put together, all of the files are from a TriCaster unit - the compression type is SHQ2 I cannot open in Adobe CC nor Quicktime. I found an article on the Adobe Support Site here which brought me to here - https://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php/156703-SHQ2-Codec-issue-in-latest-%284-April%29-Premiere-Pr... I read it and downloaded the codec file from the website and still not able to open up in adobe nor QuickTime.  

TOPICS
Error or problem , Formats , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've experienced the same. Downloading the Newtek Codec for Windows. Does not let PP CC 2020 open SHQ2 files. Am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issue.
Done below steps but still not able to import .MOV under SHQ2 format to Premier Pro 2020.
It only recognize the sound but no visual imported.
1. Installed NEWTEK Codec for Windows - not working

2. Tried change .MOV to .MP4 - not working

3. Install Quick Time Player - not working

I tried use VLS to player the clip, it runs normally. 
Please advise what should we do. 

** IS REAL PAIN CANNOT DIRECT EDIT SHQ2 Format.

System:
Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2020
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2904 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
16GB RAM

NVIDIA Quadro M620

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, any news with this problem?

Thnks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this thread: https://forums.newtek.com/threads/recorded-mov-file.162579/#post-1610162

And I downloaded and installed the NDI driver and NDI tools for Adobe CC from this page: https://www.ndi.tv/tools/

Not sure if the driver is even neccesary, but I did it anyway.

Aaand it seemed to work for me. Hope this helps! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked  for me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I'm having the same problem with the SHQ2 codec. Tried installing the codec and the NDI Tools, but still no solution. Could it be that at this particular moment it just won't work and we need to wait for another update?

The recording happened both on a TriCaster and an Atomos Sumo. The files all play flawlessly on VLC, but the Tricaster files only gives a soundfile in PP CC and the Atomos Sumo files do give an image and sound, but both (image and sound) seem to be skipping along (like fast forwarding at 200% the normal speed) but it actually just runs at the normal speed. 

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that Premiere does not support SHQ2 codec. We stopped
using it for this reason.--
Direct: +1(408)348-1522
Web: https://www.coreography.com
Connect: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bhopps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when installing the NDI Tolls make sure to check the Adobe CC box - it is not on  by Defoult

3.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I downloaded the NDI tools driver for this codec and I think it really messed with my System (Windows 10.0.19042) in the end i uninstalled it. But still have issues.

Premiere does not play my sqeuences at all, or there's no image. I troubleshoot regularly and it always works, but it's a real pain. The import window opens in the background wich makes it utterly impossibly to do anything because the machine freezes in that state an I have to force quit the app.

I can't recommend it at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of June 5th 2022 with the latest version of Pr CC, after installing NDI Tools 5, it didn't work.

Tried installing the NewTek codec by itself - https://www.newtek.com/downloads/

Same issue.

I kept seeing the green screen in Premiere.

HOWEVER.

After all the fiddling, Media Encoder finally recognized the video (before the installations, it would only recognized the audio) and I can convert everything out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey hey,

Can you explain what fiddling you did? 🙂

H

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The NDI tools, the separate driver installation, rebooting everything in-between.

Don't expect the files to directly work in Premiere that way.

Convert everything with encoder to be able to work with the files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yep, that works! thanks: https://www.ndi.tv/tools/

H

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines