• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

outdated driver report for Premiere 2020

Enthusiast ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried opening Premiere Pro 2020 ,and the following message appears, "unsupported video driver"

Screenshot_20210314223337.png

so I clicked fix, and downloaded the driver update packet. The adobe page advised me to uninstall previous drivers. I`m concerned about doing these things manually. 

The intel driver and support assistant app tells me i`m up to date when it takes me to the intel website..

Screenshot_20210315090252.pngScreenshot_20210315090237.png

yet i`m getting this message when I try and open the INTEL graphics control panel on my computer:

"An old version of the intel graphics driver is installed on this machine. This app requires a newer DCH version of the intel graphics driver".

Screenshot_20210314223448.png 

So Do I install the adobe provided driver or not? 

Not keen on creating a system image back up. 

Screenshot_20210314232112.png

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the links John.

I tried running the adobe driver, unzipped the file, ran the application, got this error message..

Screenshot_20210315104132.png

my driver seems up to date according to intel, 

Ok so basically my hardware, my Nvidea GeForce 940MX card, will not support the DCH graphics drivers. And Premiere 2020 needs that. 

Screenshot_20210315104517.png

Screenshot_20210314223421.png

Screenshot_20210315110830.pngScreenshot_20210315110814.png

Acer will let me know if I can fit in a new card of adjust the current to work with DCH.

Problem with these flat screen all in one pc`s (everything built into the screen) is I dont think they an actually be "opened" it seems sealed on all sides.

Screenshot_20210315111127.png

INTEL NOTE: ERROR MESSAGES ON DRIVER INSTALL

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005469/graphics.html

Refer to this when you get one of the below error messages when you update your graphics drivers.

Error Received when you use Intel® Driver & Support Assistant

Error: A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel® Driver & Support Assistant is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel® driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver can cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer.

Error received when you manually install driver

Error: The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Obtain the appropriate driver from the computer's manufacturer. Setup will exit.

Or

Error: This driver could not be installed on this computer. Contact the computer's manufacturer for further information.

Why did I get this error?

Your computer manufacturer customizes drivers that run Intel® components on your machine. This error occurs on 5th Generation or older computer manufacturer systems or platforms that have not updated to the latest Intel DCH Graphics Drivers. For more information about DCH Graphics Drivers, see our FAQ on the subject.

This includes the Intel® Graphics Controllers listed below (or older):

• Intel® HD Graphics 5500
  • Intel® HD Graphics 6000
  • Intel® Iris™ Graphics 6100
  • Intel® Iris™ Pro Graphics 6200
  • Intel® HD Graphics 5300
  • Intel® Iris™ Pro Graphics 5200
  • Intel® Iris™ Graphics 5100
  • Intel® HD Graphics 5000/4600/4400/4200

6th Generation or Newer Platforms

If you are encountering these errors on a 6th Generation or newer system, refer to Error Message Appears When Installing Intel Graphics Driver 26.20.100.8141 or Newer for how to resolve the issue. This primarily occurs when the currently installed driver on the system is non-DCH. DCH driver 26.20.100.8141 or newer drivers will only install over OEM DCH drivers. 

This includes the Intel® Graphics Controllers listed below (or newer):

• Intel® Iris® Pro Graphics 580
  • Intel® Iris® Pro Graphics P580
  • Intel® Iris® Graphics 550
  • Intel® Iris® Graphics 540
  • Intel® HD Graphics 530
  • Intel® HD Graphics P530
  • Intel® HD Graphics 520
  • Intel® HD Graphics 515
  • Intel HD Graphics 510

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines