Highlighted

Output of project is squeezing the image slightly vertically and casting slight purple

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I'm trying to output a short that I am due to deliver tonight and whether or not I use PP or ME to do so, it's squeezing the image vertically and giving it a purple caste.  I'm sure I would have noticed this previously since it's giving our 'hero' a really unfortunate haircut up top...

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 6.08.02 PM.png

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Output of project is squeezing the image slightly vertically and casting slight purple

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I'm trying to output a short that I am due to deliver tonight and whether or not I use PP or ME to do so, it's squeezing the image vertically and giving it a purple caste.  I'm sure I would have noticed this previously since it's giving our 'hero' a really unfortunate haircut up top...

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 6.08.02 PM.png

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uncheck Maximum Render Quality and Use Previews.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 0
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen shot of your sequence settings, please. Is your program monitor zoom level set to Fit?

Uncheck Use Max Render Quality and Use Previews and test.

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both.  Here are sequence settings.  Unchecking doesn't do the trick.  I suspect it has to do with the proxies but I haven't had this issue before.  I tried to adjust output settings to see if I could change the aspect but it also didn't seem to help.  

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 6.29.29 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 0
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uncheck Composite in Linear Color.

Was the original footage 4K? If so, 4K DCI or 4K UHD? If you made proxies, were the correct pixel dimensions used?

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meg,

Thanks for staying with this!  Unchecked Composite in Linear Color (didn't resolve).  Yes, shot 4096x2160, created proxies roundtripping through DaVinci (which I've done many times) at 1920x1080.  Lots of re-framing but I'm used to it.  Still though, I think when I'm looking at the proxies on the timeline, all is well - is it possible that the 4K is being accessed for the output and is what's looking squeezed?  If necessary the work-around might be just to 'hide' the 4K files so they're offline and work exclusively with proxies.  Not ideal but at least I'd get to an output I can live with.  Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 7.35.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-16 at 7.34.32 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 0
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea if "hiding" will solve your issue, but worth a try.

My two cents:  1920 x 1080 is not a correct  proxy frame size to use for  4K DCI source.

The correct frame size for the proxy would be 2048 x 1080.

If you reframe and reposition with the incorrect proxies, when you export and Premiere switches to the source material, it is no wonder that position and scaling are off.

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally hear you going forward, but I'm just wondering it's suddenly doing it now... and my previous outputs were fine.  

Might be able to re-do proxies but it's still not clear why accessing the 4k footage is making it squished if the proxies are wrong....

Thanks again Meg!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly not my night.  Trying to re-constitute only using proxies - and now I'm getting danger stripes.  I took over troubleshooting and had to eye-match an output due to these odd anomolies - finding clips from nowhere - then danger stripes.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 0