Panels freezing when timeline is zoomed in to a certain level

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been wrestling with this all day, at some point while working on a project I noticed that my effects panel, volume indicator and parts of my effect contols panels were frozen. They'd do nothing when clicked but would all update at once if I clicked on file or any other option there.

Eventually worked out this was only happening when my sequence was zoomed in, so I can keep on working as long as I zoom out...but for obvious reasons this is really not ideal.

Has anyone had this before and has any solutions? I've tried reinstalling Premiere, I've reinstalled my GPU drivers, restarted, made a new project and copied over my sequence. Nothing works.

TOPICS
Editing, Freeze or hang, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try re-setting preferences:

Have Premiere closed.

On Mac hold down Command/Option/Shift while clicking on the Premiere icon and let your system make changes.

Windows procedure is the same but hold down Control/Alt/Shift.

Hopefully Premiere will behave better after this procedure.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is another thing I did try actually, just missed it out on the list. I also went on to chat support and the dude had me change the audio input to none which seemed to fix it at first but then it immediately started happening again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What graphics card and what driver number?

If NVIDIA graphics,, make sure to use the latest Studio Driver from NVIDIA (NOT the Game Driver).

What operating system?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines