• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paste and Snap a Clip in the Timeline?

Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When pasting a clip in a Premiere Pro sequence timeline, is there a way to have the pasted clip immediately snap to the nearest clip in the timeline? When I activate the "Snap" magnet in the timeline, it only snaps clips that I am actively moving, but not if I paste them. If I need to paste a bunch of clips into gaps throughout a timeline, it would be handy if when I pasted the clips, they also snapped to the nearest clip relative to the playhead.

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it will paste where the playhead is.

If the clips will snap to the nearest clip that would be an undesired behaviour.

If you need to paste clips in gaps use the three/four point editing method.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/how-to/three-point-edits.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want it to always snap to the nearest clip. I want to be able to engage it when needed. That I way I don't have to be as precise when placing the playhead near the clip I want the pasted clip to connect to. 

And I am currently desiring that behavior, lol. The link you provided is very basic and includes way too many keystrokes for the action I am wanting to do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to their UserVoice site, and post a detailed description of what you want to happen for your feature item.

Then post a link back here and elsewhere inviting other users to vote it up. Maybe enough will that they'll look at adding this.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines