Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

patching audio source to timeline

Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys. Does anyone can help?

I have two mono audio tracks on a rush in the source viewer. I patch the Video to V1 and the audio 1 and 2 to A3 and A4 on the timeline. And when I add the clip to the timeline the audio doesn't follow. 

It works when I patch the audio to A1 and A2 though ...

I tired with the insert, with the overwrite. With a shortcut, with a drag and drop from source to program window. And it doesn't work. It is really ennoying.

Maybe is it a question of Audio Channels source format?

I have six mono tracks per audio. I went to Modify/Audio Channels and selected only 1 and 2 (the mix down) so I don"t have to deal with all the tracks when I edit.

Any idea?

Thanx

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot showing your audio channels and patching?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-08-31 at 09.57.44.png

Screenshot 2020-08-31 at 09.58.19.png

Hello. Thanx for your answer.

Here are the screen shots. And, indeed, if I "v" the media source channels 3,4,5 and 6, then it works and I can patch my source A1 and A2 to any Audio tracks from the timeline. 

But the idea here was to work with the mixdown in audio channel 1 and 2 only to facilitate the editing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I'm following you, but I''m not sure. So I just took a video clip I had with 4 audio tracks. Track's 1 and 3 were scratch tracks from the camera's onboard mic. Tracks 2 and 4 had wireless lav mics. I wanted to drop the video into my timeline with just the lav mic audio and not the scatch tracks. So I source patched A2 to track target A1 and then source audio A4 to track target A2. This gave me my lav mics on A1 and A2 in my timeline.

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 3.44.30 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thanx for your answer

Indeed, what you did works fine. My problem is that I don't have 4 audio tracks per clip but 6 or 8. 1 and 2 are mixdown from all the other tracks, made on the shooting by the sound engeneer, and there are the ones I need.

I have hours of rushes so i can't loose time to unpatch audio 3 to 8 to use only 1 and 2 every time I make a cut.  So what I have to do first is telling to Premiere that I just want to use audio source A1 and A2. Therefore I went to "modify/audio channels" to select only A1 and2. And here comes the problem. Doing that, Premiere doesn't want to patch A1 and A2 source to A3 and A4 timeline. It looks like a bug to me ... And so far no one could help me ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try Modify Clip and click the Audio Channels tab and change the "Number of Audio Clips" from 8 to 2?

You can select all your clips in the Project panel and use Shift+G to change all the clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaaaah! You rock! It works!

That's the solution. Thanx a lot, you gonna make me save a lot of time.

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shift+G doesn't work though ...

I can't change them all at once

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Select all your clips. Right-click, and choose Modify > Audio Channels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines