• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pausing and resuming export in Media Encoder

Contributor ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to stop a clip in the queue in Media Encoder -when it has already started- and resume it later on? I want to place 40clips in the queue but after 3-4 hrs of export i want to pause and resume it the next day.

TOPICS
Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes ... simply use the pause button in the upper right of the queue panel in Me.

And ... a lot of us use Me to work on things overnight, so it's not working using computer resources while we're editing away. So ... I always suggest, let your nice little helper work while you're sleeping. You'll both be happier.  😉

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank, i have indeed used the pause button while the computer is on. What i was really asking was what happens when the computer is turned off and Me is terminated. It doenst seem to keep the queues, or am i missing something? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shutting down the computer will kill the current task even if paused.  If you don't want to let it run overnight, you need to stop the Queue and re-queue the current task to run later.  The remaining items in the Queue should be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can simply pause and put your PC on sleep mode.  I wish there was a way to resume even when you shutdown tho😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I don't know. I don't turn it off if I've loaded something into Me to work, as I want that all done before I get back.

Is the queue panel empty when you turn the computer back on and launch Me?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The queue panel isnt empty, but the files that are in queue will not resume. I have to remove them and load them all over again. I dont leave the computer on at night, i shut it down, thats why i was expecting for the resume feature to be working 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because of this thread i felt confident to pause a 25 HOUR export to relocate, (there were only 2 hours left), shut my laptop and then open and clicked resume (Note that the computer was never shut down it simply logged me out and upon log in adobe was still open as i left it. upon clicking resume it dissapeared and said 'failed'. I'm just so mad I thought i could pause and resume no problem and wasted 20hours for this. So for anybody wondering about 'can i pause?' NO DONT PAUSE (As a note, The 20hour export is not because of weird settings but because i made a very long and complicated video)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As someone that's 20 hours into a render, thank you for this comment!

The strange thing for me is that I had rendered the same video before, then noticed I forgot to add certain things, and I'm just re-rendering. It took ~14 hours before, it's on 20 with 7 to go... Restarting BEFORE the render usually helps render times I find, but I just simply forgot to do that this time. But anyways, thank you for that comment!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines