• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PC Crashing when rendering

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every Time when I render a video my PC crashes/freezes mid rendering at a random point.. I literally have no clue and im really upse and sad right now since I just paid for the full cloud 😕

My PC Specs:
GeForce RTX 2080 Super
i7-8700K @3.7GHZ -> reaches around max 90 degree celcius while rendering under a 80-100% usage

16GB Ram
120GB SSD
2TB HDD
150GB HDD

All of them have enough space left and im saving the video in my 2TB HDD

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These 2TB HDD are these spinning drives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I honestly don't know, does it matter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes otherwise I would not be asking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does matter, in this case. You see, the actual (realistic) transfer speed of even the fastest HDD is extremely slow by the standards of the SSD age. No 5400 RPM 2 TB HDD can sustain transfer speeds of even 60 MB/s (after accounting for the storage I/O overhead that Premiere Pro accrues), while even a 7200 RPM HDD can't even reach 100 MB/s worth of disk I/O throughput. That is all due to the physical limitations of spinning disks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I found out how my HDD is called: 

2000GB Seagate Barracuda Compute ST2000DM008 256MB 3.5" (8.9cm) SATA 6Gb/s

I also just got a BSOD and got the "WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR" I googled that and found the "fix" where  they turn of the Intel Speed Step, I did that but it still froze my pc.. I also tried saving it on my SSD and it still didnt work 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The speed of it is 

7.200U/min

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barely suitable for even HD work, let alone 4k. You see, HDDs do not maintain a constant transfer rate across the entire disk to begin with since the motor of these disks are more or less fixed at a constant rotational speed. And HDDs start to really plummet in performance once a drive reaches about 60 percent full. In the case of that Seagate, it starts out at about 195 MB/s on the outer tracks, and maintaining 160 to 170 MB/s through the first 60% of the disk, and then all of a sudden plummet all the way down to only about 75 MB/s on the inner part of the disk. And due to the way Windows allocates disk sectors, there will almost always be some data which will end up on the very inner portion of the disk, where sequential transfer speeds are slowest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you send me some HDD's and SSD's that are worth to buy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found this one: https://www.amazon.de/SanDisk-Extreme-Portable-External-waterproof/dp/B07TMP9YLL/ref=sr_1_4?__mk_de_...

External SSD 1TB with up to 1050 mb/s
Looks good to me but I would like to know your opinion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines