• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pc freezing when exporting a video in Premiere pro

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, this account here doesn't own any adobe products, This account is used to Communicate on this website, I have a school account that has premiere pro.

I have had  premiere pro for a while and I have came across an issue that i am unable to Solve. About a week ago, everytime i try and export footage from premiere pro, my pc will freeze, i can't do anything with my mouse of keyboard which leaves me the only option to turn the pc off at the tower. I have tried to solve this issue by reinstalling premiere, updating to 2019 because i was using the 2018 version before, clearing media cache. transfering my project into a new project and new timeline/sequence, using media encoder, scanning my pc, doing a memory diagnostic (because i got an extra 16 gigs of ram recently), removing acouple of effects and clips, putting my output destination to another drive.
i only managed to export my project once after many fail attempts, but when i wanted to export it again after tweaking with it my pc kept freezing. Its kinda like a rando thing. its like a 1 in 100 chance of the video exporting idk. I am desparate for a solution because i may be getting a job for a youtuber and i can't have this problem.
please help me find a solution
here are my pc specs
amd ryzen 5

2600 radeon rx580

32 gigs of ram

Corsair VS 550 Psu

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen both with direct export and export through the AME queue?

Does it happen both with and without GPU accleration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me, Not sure what you meraning by rolling back my graphics driver, resetting my preferences and workspace didnt work although my pc froze at 99% when i resetted my preferences.
my pc does freeze through media encoder and with gpu acceleration on and off.

are there any other solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok so i tried the driver thing. i got a driver thats good fort video editing but that didnt solve the issue

what would be next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it freeze with direct export, too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, and now my pc also freezes on playback? what do i do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rolling back the graphics driver means installing an older driver for your graphics card in place of the existing one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ah yes i should have told you i worked out that one. 

I installed a different driver which says its a driver suitable for editing.

its a radeon pro software for enterprise

the revision number is 20.Q2.1

that didnt solve my issue
apparently it might be my ram. i got an extra stick of  16 gigs and after that my prmiere has been freezing my pc.
so i may have a faulty ram stick, im gonna pull it out and check

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines