• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.pek files not showing up correctly in multicam

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on projects regulariy that use AVCHD files that are combined to a multicam file and am exerieng a recurring issue with the audio waveform not showing up correctly. Sometimes some of the tracks either do not show up at all or only on part of the clip (the first part of the clip shows the waveform and is disappears part way through the clip). If i open the multicam file in a sequence using the Open in Timeline command, all of the waveforms are displaying properly, so they're there but not showing in the multicam view when placing the multicam file in a sequence. I generally have 4-5 AVCHD files combined together. 

I have the .pek and .cfa files set in preferences to be placed next to the original file and automatic generation of .pek files set to on. This issue happens on both my Mac and Windows editing machines. Deleting the offending .pek file so it will re-generate does not solve the issue. One workaround is to copy the audio track from the sequence generated by the view in timeline and paste it into the sequence that has the multicam file. Sometimes this works, but not 100% of the time, the result being that even when copied over it still doesn't display correctly. 

We also do multicam sequences with GoPro footage that is not AVCHD and this doesn't seem to create the same problem. So it appears to have something to do with the AVCHD files. I'm unable to predict or re-create the exact issue as it's sporadic and different tracks will show up apparantly based on the current alignment of planets or the humidity in Duluth Minnesota, I just don't know. Frustrating to be sure.

We use the waveforms as part of our editing process so not having them is a big deal and my client is getting fed up with the perfromance we're getting from Premiere. I'm using version 14.4.0 on both a Mac and a windows computer. This looks like a bug to me.

Looking for answers and/or workarounds to this. Anybody else experiencing this? Adobe, what do you have to say?

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?