• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pentool not working in Premiere Pro CC 2017

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I click my free bezier pen tool and move with cursor to the programm monitor .

I see the pen tool in the monitor, but clicking or dragging does not start the mask that I want to draw. What do I wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Thanks to everybody who paid attention to my problem. I have found the answer myself : if you apply adjustment layer(s) in upper track(s), switch them of until your RGB Curves effect is ready.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the clip still selected in the sequence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a matter of fact!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finish that thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes , I know the difference between those two. I take the pen tool in the RGB Curves Effect in the Effect Control Panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ruud Scheidel wrote:

I take the pen tool in the RGB Curves Effect in the Effect Control Panel

I think maybe you should share a screenshot or perhaps even a short screen movie of what you are seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to everybody who paid attention to my problem. I have found the answer myself : if you apply adjustment layer(s) in upper track(s), switch them of until your RGB Curves effect is ready.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is NOT the solution to all pen tool problems. Premiere Pro cc 2017 was working fine up until 2 days ago. Suddenly the Opacity masking tool (the one that looks like the pen tool) stopped working. Whereas it used to be white with black details, it's now black with white details (sort of like a negative of itself) and you can click all day on your video file and nothing happens. Same with the masking effect on all of the effects. Rarely, it will draw a mask but then you can't manipulate it because the only tool that you get is the hand tool. You can't rotate, move around the bezier points, nothing. Since just about everything I do is green screen it's rendered Premiere Pro useless to me.

btw, the pen tool in the tools palette also does NOTHING now.

HELP!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been resolved?  I'm having the Exact same issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too! Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meanwhile I found out, that the working depends on the scaling of the Program Monitor. Make the screen a little bit bigger and you see the handles and lines again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent! Well done! It works for me as a work-around but it's still a bug that should be fixed.

Of course, because of the timing I had to export a still frame, clone some stuff and then import and crop/feather to solve my problem, but it's good to know. Thanks a heap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my exact problem! I dont know how to get around it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear, you are selecting the "Free draw bezier" pen tool from within an effect in the Effect Control Panel, right? As opposed to the "Pen Tool" from within the tools palette. Because they do two very different things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ruud,

I tried the Free Draw Bezier tool in the RGB Curves effect for quite awhile and had no issues. I think we may need more info.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this solved ? I have the same problem, the tool shows up in the project window but acts really jumpy and eratic and wont plot points correctly, and when i open the full screen project view the pen head is in the window and when i click to add points do not show up but they are there because when you hover over the mouse head changes. No matter how many times i restart premiere makes no difference. It worked correctly for the first time yesterday but not working again today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a solution but a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed the problem by increasing the size of my program monitor.

The mask is there, but for some reason, if the program monitor is too small, it will remain invisible.

You can also fix it by increasing the resolution of your sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Works if you just add an adjustment layer! THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines