Highlighted

Perform a cut from script?

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently working on a PPro Panel that will cut the last second off of a clip and extend that clipped second duration out the next clip. I'm currently stuck on how to perform a clip cut from the script. This will be used to supply extending the visual in case the above-placed title is longer than the below clip. It'll pause the video while the title continues to finish out it's duration. 

These are the notes I have so far: 

app.project.activeSequence.getSelection()
this will be used to get the end seconds of a clip

app.project.activeSequence.setPlayerPosition()
this will be used to set the player position -1 second from end of selection.

I have PropertyExplorer installed and have exploring properties for a bit and haven't found the appropriate method/property to perform a cut. Help, please? 

There's no cut function; you'd need to change the end point of the trackItem (clip).

Topics

Editing, How to, SDK, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Perform a cut from script?

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently working on a PPro Panel that will cut the last second off of a clip and extend that clipped second duration out the next clip. I'm currently stuck on how to perform a clip cut from the script. This will be used to supply extending the visual in case the above-placed title is longer than the below clip. It'll pause the video while the title continues to finish out it's duration. 

These are the notes I have so far: 

app.project.activeSequence.getSelection()
this will be used to get the end seconds of a clip

app.project.activeSequence.setPlayerPosition()
this will be used to set the player position -1 second from end of selection.

I have PropertyExplorer installed and have exploring properties for a bit and haven't found the appropriate method/property to perform a cut. Help, please? 

There's no cut function; you'd need to change the end point of the trackItem (clip).

Topics

Editing, How to, SDK, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can this be done through a different method? I'm currently working on this as a panel using HTML and ExtendScript/Javascript. Can another develop method provide this kind of automation? i.e. via the SDK

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can this be done through a different method?

Yes; changing the end point of the trackItem. 🙂

> Can another develop method provide this kind of automation?

You don't need another method; you can use ExtendScript.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried updating the end point with 

app.project.activeSequence.getSelection()[0].end.seconds = 20 

and

app.project.activeSequence.getSelection()[0].end = {"seconds":20, "tick":existingTick};

and have had no success. I appreciate your information henceforth. Could you help me further this process? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
bbb_999 LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reaching out directly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines