• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Performance issue not just with video playback, but glitchy mouse and moving of clips on the timelin

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having some issues with the program responding slowly, but when I search for help online the only thing I can find is for choppy playback. Infact, playback doesn't really seem to be the problem...or not the biggest problem as my video seems to play pretty much smothy when I play it with the exception if I hit the spacebar too rapidly it might take a second or two to actually perfom the command. 

My real issue occurs when I'm moving clips around on the timeline, editing too fast (e.g. quickly dropping a shot into the timeline then using the shortcut keys to add a transition, fade, group selecting a bunch of clips, or using the bar at the bottom of the timeline to shrink or expand the magnification of the whole timeline etc. Premiere is not responding fast enough and it's driving me absolutely mad. I still have CS6 on my old computer and I'm lightning fast, never a problem. That computer only has 4G of RAM so now that I've upgraded and I'm using a 16G computer and CC I thought It'd be so smooth and easy and I'm having nothing but issues. 

Yes I've already done all the basic solutions I've found on Youtube like changing the memory settings to give Premiere all but 3G of Ram and using low-quality playback in the Program monitor. The only thing that is still a potential problem is that my raw footage is located on an external hard drive that has to go thrugh a HooToo hub befor making it's way into the new "convient" USB-C ports that Apple decided to throw me a curveball on.

..anyway if anybody wants to chime in here, I'd love to know if I'm doing something wrong. Just an FYI not a super tech savvy guy so when you respond if you wouldn't mind dumbing it down a bit.

Thanks  

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you copy a couple of your clips to your internal drive and see if the performance improves?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will do this as soon as I can. It could serve as a red herring though because the raw footage for my projects usually run around 200G so YES I will give this a try, but even if that does work I won't be sure I've actually solved my problem in the long run. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines