Performance Issues with Studio Driver on Premiere 14.8

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I've been having the crashing issues experienced by using the Game Ready Driver that others have also reported.  I switched over to the Studio Driver and that seemed to solve the crashing issue, but I was still getting very bad performance. 

I could no longer edit long videos and watch at 2x speed like I usually do, it would play for 10 frames then get super choppy to the point of making it impossible to edit even when playback resoultion was at minimum.  My machine is fairly powerful so I know that's not the issue (see specs below).

I noticed that others were having this issue as well.  The only way that I've been able to solve this issue is to downgrade to Premiere Pro version 14.6 and use the Studio Driver.  So far it plays fine, but I'm very frustrated, upgrading shouldn't increase instability and it makes me less willing to update in the future.

Wanted to post this to hopefully help others and to notify the devs that this is happening.  Happy to clarify anything or debug if necessary if it will help others.

My computer specs:

Windows 10 Pro (v 20H2)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz

64GB RAM

NVIDIA RTX 2080 SUPER

TOPICS
Crash, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?