• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Performance quality for MacBook pro 16' for work with 4K video

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, can you help me how good my performance will be with such characteristics of my MacBook. Intel Core i7 processor, 2.6GHz, AMD Radeon Pro 5300M with 4GB of GDDR6 memory, SSD 1T, 32GB of 2666MHz DDR4 memory

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It'll work great - if you proxy everything.   It's unlikely to perform so well wih the raw 4k.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and there are many different codecs and frame rates for 4K.  and you should probably keep your media on an external ssd connected via thunderbolt.  If you need faster diskaccess you can get a thunderbolt raid.  POwens (although he's described as a community beginner) is dead on.  proxy workflow is great and although it can sometimes be a little tricky to get your head around, is rock solid once you've got it set up right...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mr. Storm!

what was your experience with you macbook to use Premier Pro? Did it work well/smooth for 4k videos?
thank you for reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines