Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Permission to use premier pro on digital courses

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there (:

I was wandering, in case I want to create a digital editing course and sell it online - can I record my screen while working on premier pro? or is there a spacial approval I need to get from adobe to do so?

In my common sense it seems like I give premier free advertising so why not? but I don't know the regulations, so I would be glad to know if you have any details on this matter. or even better- if you could refer me to the specific regulation explanation from adobe.

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

You should be able to do that as long as you only use screen recordings.

You are not allowed to use the Adobe logo or any other trademarked or copyrighted Adobe property when you advertise or promote the video or on your website or other media.

See here:

https://www.adobe.com/legal/permissions/trademarks.html

and here:

https://www.adobe.com/legal/permissions.html

You may also want to contact Adobe Corporate Offices:

https://www.adobe.com/about-adobe/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to do that as long as you only use screen recordings.

You are not allowed to use the Adobe logo or any other trademarked or copyrighted Adobe property when you advertise or promote the video or on your website or other media.

See here:

https://www.adobe.com/legal/permissions/trademarks.html

and here:

https://www.adobe.com/legal/permissions.html

You may also want to contact Adobe Corporate Offices:

https://www.adobe.com/about-adobe/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you dear Bob! I read the regulations. it mostly referes to the usage of logos. I did not find though, a place where they explain the usage guidlines for screen recording of the software, any clue where can I find it?

Thanks in advance!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many tutorials posted on YouTube and other sites that use screen captures and Adobe has not actioned them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a contributing author over at MixingLight.com which is a pro subscription website for teaching pro colorists to grade. My "beat" is teaching people who are used to a full grading app, something like Resolve or Baselight or Mistika, how to work color in Premiere. All tutorials there use one or more of the variuos apps used.

For an example, here's a 'free' article over there of mine, outside the paywall for everyone to see. You might recognize some of the images here. The Premiere team not only helped me prepare this, they supplied some of the images used. Which of course, were then credited in the article itself.

Is Premiere’s New Production Folder a Big Deal?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Neil,

Thanks a lot for your detailed reply. Very kind of you.

Just to clarify - I am interested to make a paid digital courses: meaning I make a premier pro screen recording tutorials for  video editing - and I plan no sell it as a digital course. Do you know if it is ok? no need for spacial permission from adobe? I understand it was fine for you regarding the images on your articals, but is it the same with paid video products?

Thanks in advance!

Oren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's what I'm doing, if you follow that link. Making screen recordings of working in Premiere, and explaining the program in detail. It's done for all such apps. They have restrictions only about using their logo as part of your marketing for it ... then they want permission.

But to simply market you're making paid tutorials for Adobe's Premiere Pro ... have at it!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very Well,

Thank you Dear Neil!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines