• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Permissons for premiere pro on Mac

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when premiere pro installed on my mac, it told me this. I opened system preferences to add the permissons, but it didn't show in Secuirty and privacy prefercnes. I didn't know what to do, so I asked a friend of mine on discord if he knew how to fix it, seems like he didn't know how to. If any of you know how to fix this, please comment anything that will fix this. Thank you.Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 10.25.57 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-31 at 10.23.56 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-31 at 10.23.56 AM.png

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

That is an usupported OS, my friend. See if it is working under Premiere Pro beta. If you absolutely need to run this unsupported OS in current versions of Premiere Pro, we might start looking for a workaround.

I like to help those on the bleeding edge, just know, that's where you are right now. Let's do this!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the Lock icon at the bottom right of the Security and Privacy Pane and enter your password.

Click on the plus icon below the list of applications and add Premiere Pro.

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 7.38.15 AM.png

If you want to record voice over in Premiere, you need to give Premiere permission for the Microphone:

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 7.38.40 AM.png

Finally, re-lock the pane and then close it. Restart your computer.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason in files and folders the plus and minus buttons are graystile for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jxstdexyt,

Hello there. Sorry for the confusion, but OMG, this is very interesting. Is this macOS Catalina? Try this:

1. Click the lock and sign in.
  2. Click the plus sign at the bottom of the Security and Privacy dialog box.
  3. Add Premiere Pro by clicking on the application icon in the Applications folder.
  4. Click Open.
  5. Click the lock once more.

Let us know if that works for you. I'd be very happy for you and other macOS users if it did. 

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No this is macOS big sur. In fact the plus and minus buttons are graystile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is an usupported OS, my friend. See if it is working under Premiere Pro beta. If you absolutely need to run this unsupported OS in current versions of Premiere Pro, we might start looking for a workaround.

I like to help those on the bleeding edge, just know, that's where you are right now. Let's do this!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So do I use premiere pro 2019 for my mac then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No. Big Sur is too new for any currently available version of Premiere Pro, or any version that was ever released of Premiere Pro. What's more, Premiere Pro 2019 will not run at all on Big Sur because it still has a lot of 32-bit code that Apple no longer supports. Currently, no version of Premiere Pro that was ever released to this point runs properly on Big Sur. In fact, it will be this coming Fall at the earliest that you may see the release of Premiere Pro 2021, which is likely to be compatible with Big Sur.

By the way, Big Sur is the first version of what will become MacOS 11. Apple had ditched the OSX branding, which had been in use for over 15 years, in favor of reverting back to the pre-OSX branding of MacOS. As such, Big Sur is a significant rewrite of the Mac's OS itself. The current Catalina (10.15.x) is merely a small taste of what is to come in the years ahead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines