• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos not scaling with key frames after "Scale to frame size"

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm doing a photo montage with about 200 photos. They are ALL different sizes. I want to do a slow push and pull on each photo. I thought if I imported them all into a sequnce at the same size using "Scale to frame size" they'd all appear within the frame of the video which they do BUT now Premiere won't let my use key frames to push in or our (zoom). 

Hope I won't have to import them all agian and size them individually.

Any suggestions? Thanks ahead of time! Kris

TOPICS
Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does ". . .now Premiere won't let my use key frames to push in or our (zoom). " mean?

You can't place keyframes?  Those keyframes don't work?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the confusion. I would like the set the photo scale at, for example, 100% at the beginning of the clip and 110% at the end so there’s a slow zoom in as the sequence plays. I can apply key frames at the beginning and end of the clip but it won’t play on the timeline. Stays at only one scale. As in once you import them into the sequence as “Scale To Frame Size” (under “Clip”) Premiere wont let you do any animated scaling. 

I was delighted I was able to import all 200 photos and get them sized within the frame of my sequence in one key command but now that they’re there I can’t "release" them from “scale to frame size” to add keyframes for motion scaling the photo—making them larger or smaller as the sequence progresses. 

Hope that helps. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this, you do NOT want to use "Scale to frame-size". That takes the original image and rasterizes ... scales it ... to the sequence frame-size. So say you've a 4k image dropped on a 1080 sequence. That's now a 1080 image.

Scale it up to 120%, it takes the 1080 image pixes and up-rezzes them. Not normally a preferred outcome.

Use the "Set to Frame-size" preference, and when you drop a 4k image on a 1080 sequence, it down-scales to fit the sequence without rasterizing. So when you then upscale to 120%, it takes the full original 4k pixels to compute the new scaled size.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil. I guess my question is once I "Scale to frame size" am I stuck with just one scale percentage? Because I can't seem to make the photo big to small or visa versa as the sequence plays the clip. It seems I'm stuck with only one scale. Key frames don't seem to function. If I create a 5 second clip with a photo and set a key frame at the beginning at say 80% and 90% at the end of the clip (so it appears we're zooming in on the photo), Permiere isn't showing the movement as the sequence plays. It will stay at 80%. As if since I did a "Scale to frame size" it won't let me do any animated movements that adjust the scale. I was hoping once a photo clip scaled initially to the video frame size I could still scale it at different points within the clip. Maybe I can't. Otherwise, I have to import and manually scale 200 photos individually before I can even start using key frames to push in and pull out of photo clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just exported a test video and see that my photos ARE showing the zoom in and outs. I'm seeing a RED BAR above the timeline. Maybe I'm just not seeing my scaling because the clip isnt rendered. So, how can I actually SEE what I'm doing as I work? Can I lower the timeline resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand why you are continuing to use "Scale to ..." as noted, that mangles your images. Lowers the quality drastically when you then do any re-scaling of the image on the sequence. It's only there to help low-capability CPUs that struggle with on-the-fly scaling. But again, it mangles your pixels if you want to do any scaling after dropping the media on a sequence.

Period.

Anyone planning on doing scaling after dropping media on a sequence should be using "Set to ... ".

And if you've got a red bar over your media, yea, doing a render action is needed often both to get full playback and better viewing of the image.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Premiere Pro works great for video. Photoshop is your first stop when it comes to image preparation, for easy use in Premiere. You could create a simple enough macro inside PS to make the assets fit a certain pattern/scale.

By doing this beforehand, you can make life a lot easier - both for PPro and yourself.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines