• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Layers in Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Photoshop file with several layers imported into Premiere Pro. When I imported them I did so as individual layers. Later if I add a layer or layers to the Photoshop file, I import it again into Premiere Pro as individual layers but this time I deselect all of the layers and check only the new layers I want to import. However if I delete even just one layer from the Photoshop file it breaks the link of all layers in Premiere Pro. The "Link Media" feature does not relink any of the layers if you link them back to the Photoshop file. The only way to get them to work again is if I delete them all in Premiere Pro and reimport all of the layers agin meaning I have to rebuild how I had them arranged in the timeline. Is there any way to relink these layer files that I'm missing?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Do you have the latest photoshop and premiere version?

if yes.

Please try to change the location of the psd file then relink the file from premiere then import a new file to premiere and delete any layer and check if your issue persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply. I do have the latest versions of both programs. I tried what you suggested and it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines