Highlighted

Photoshop Projects in Premiere Pro Media Offline Error.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, I've been working on a project in premiere for a while now using photoshop projects within it. And everything was fine until I decided to change up some things in the original Photoshop project. I just made a few corrections to one of the images and saved the project. I went back into Premiere and all of the layers from the project had gone red with that familiar 'Media Offline message'. I've tried reimporting the files but I can't seem to find a way to refresh the photoshop project without starting anew. Any ideas?

Topics

Error or problem, Import, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop Projects in Premiere Pro Media Offline Error.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, I've been working on a project in premiere for a while now using photoshop projects within it. And everything was fine until I decided to change up some things in the original Photoshop project. I just made a few corrections to one of the images and saved the project. I went back into Premiere and all of the layers from the project had gone red with that familiar 'Media Offline message'. I've tried reimporting the files but I can't seem to find a way to refresh the photoshop project without starting anew. Any ideas?

Topics

Error or problem, Import, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we need more details.  versions of premiere and photoshop (and they need to match), computer specs and OS...  Are you able to reimport the photoshop file?  If so, how do you import it?  individual layers, merge layers, etc.  

Can you control click on the file either in the timeline or the bin and choose "link media" and then navigate to the photoshop file?  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, they dont match so I assume thats the problem, but I don't entirely see why that would be the issue as it imports all the layers fine. I don't think specs and OS are it either but I'll list the below anyway. When I said reimport I basically meant the Link Media thing you suggested, that didn't work and it came up with the message 'The importer reported a generic error' which doesn't tell me anything but I assume is because I'm trying to import a PSD as a clip as I imported it as individual layers.

SPECS:

Versions: Premiere Pro 2019 - Photoshop 2015

Hardware:

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 16.0 GB

GPU: EVGA RTX 2060

I don't know if you need anymore details but if you do let me know.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, you probably need to update photoshop to match the premiere version.   Certainly that's the first step.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to change a Ps sequence open the Ps file from within Premiere.

Open an auto save from before chaning the Ps file. Start from there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's a problem with Photoshop rather than Premiere, as premiere is taking from the Photoshop file. If Photoshop had autosaves as different files like premiere I think that would work better.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines