• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pink/green line on edge of screen during cross-dissolve transitions to and from black

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2011 May 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this posted as a known bug in Premiere, but I haven't found a decent solution to it.  Here's a screen cap of what it looks like:

Pink Line cap.jpg

Notice the pink verticle line on the right side of the frame. This happens when I'm exporting it out of the timeline to another format - it doesn't look like this in the timeline. I have done a few tests and it seems to only do this when:

A) it's fading from black or to black - cross-dissolving from one video to another doesn't do it

and

B) the output video is in widescreen 16:9

It doesn't happen when I'm creating an HD video and it doesn't happen when it's an SD video in "D1/DV NTSC (0.9091)" aspect.

Thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 01, 2014 May 01, 2014

I should point out a couple of things here:

• In my experience, I don't have a CUDA card, so I assume I'm using Mercury Playback Engine. However, I seem to always get a pink line if I use Adobe Media Encoder. If I just export directly from Premiere, I don't get it.
  • All of my sequences are exported at 1280x720 or 856x480, both of which are divisable by 4.

Given these two points, I'm inclined to say the problem is with AME and it needs to be solved by Adobe. Using opacity instead of transitions is ju

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 01, 2014 May 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should point out a couple of things here:

• In my experience, I don't have a CUDA card, so I assume I'm using Mercury Playback Engine. However, I seem to always get a pink line if I use Adobe Media Encoder. If I just export directly from Premiere, I don't get it.
  • All of my sequences are exported at 1280x720 or 856x480, both of which are divisable by 4.

Given these two points, I'm inclined to say the problem is with AME and it needs to be solved by Adobe. Using opacity instead of transitions is just silly - we've been using transitions in digital editing packages for years, so this shouldn't cause pink pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi robodog,

I'm glad you appreciate my post. Basically I work at a medical videography company and up until this year I'd been shooting surgeries/conferences in SD and editing on FCP7 which has been a great, simple workflow. But we upgraded to HD and I was faced with choosing the correct path. Just for sheer volume of material I shoot alone, the fact that Premiere Pro can work with native files and doesn't have to transcode material to ProRes like FCPX or FCP7 does made the shift a no-brainer. It will save me hours of time and loads of hard drive space.

There was another problem I noticed in Premiere Pro with the tinny metallic sound on audio dissolves. I'll have to see if this problem persists with my new Quadro 4000 graphics card (or if it is even related). I think people mentioned if you are using AME to make sure to uncheck the "Enable native Premiere Pro sequence import". So with that unchecked, and using a CUDA card, hopefully I won't see either issue in the future.

I'll post again if I come across some relevant information that can help Premiere Pro/AME users with some technical hurdles that I am experiencing as well. I'm not a big poster nor am I a Premiere expert by any means, but these problems that crop up need to be addressed and figured out by the community instead of just posting criticisms of Adobe and giving up before really trying to test things out ourselves.

If editors are using Premiere Pro to post some Hollywood movies, obviously not everyone is experiencing the dreaded pink bar when using dissolves. Hopefully now that the problem is identified, maybe it can logically be addressed by Adobe programmers. But now we at least have a work around.

Thanks,

Lane

P.S. I'm already happily married...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the tinny metallic sound on audio dissolves.

This was fixed in PP with 7.2.1 and in AME with 7.2.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great to know Jim.

So from what you are saying, with the current version of Premiere/AME I don't have to worry about my preference settings in AME regarding "Enable native Premiere Pro sequence import" then, and so I can leave it checked and use AME's encoder and not worry about the old tinny audio glitch? If so that is a big relief.

Thanks,

Lane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2014 May 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2014 Aug 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had the problem today, exporting 1280x720 a client needed in 320x240 for a web post. Part of the video green bars top and bottom on only some of the footage, not all. Tried everything I could think of but in a time crunch so.... sent it to Sorensen, applied a 320x240 preset and all is well. Moving on. NOT a solution from Adobe but then, you could be waiting a while for that to happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy fix for this annoying bug that occurs every time you have transitions placed in your video.

Export media and you select your format and preset....

Top left of screen above the preview area, elect Scale to Fill (you want Fill, not Fit)

Under the Video section, scroll down and select the checkbox "Render at Maximum Depth."

Premier Pro CC Fix.png

Hope this works for everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great this worked for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not an option here. My container size (cinema 2k flat) is larger than the source video (full-HD 16x9). Scale to fill would crop out big chunks top and bottom.

Sometimes adding a tidbit of black at front and end works, and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes using cross dissolve instead of dip to black works, and sometimes not. Sometimes shipping the project over to Media Encoder works, and sometimes not. None of these are reliable enough fixes to waste my time tinkering on every single cinema slide I'm encoding, and there are a lot.

It would be nice if this got fixed for realsies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now 2021 and I'm working from PP 2019 and for me this issue has gone from the occasional annoyance and inconvenience to a rampant cancer through my projects, appearing on nearly every video fade/dissolve transition (not on fades on text panes however, interesting).  I see it in the editing preview window too, and it is coming through the exporting process through media encoder.  I get green, pink, red, pale blue...  So many colors!   I see in this thread a few tips from years past for me to try, but OMG what an unecessary pain for a very standard editing command.  Time is money and this is annoying and costly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11 years later and bugs like these still exist. I wish i wasnt here right now, but there its lots of good advice. Why cant you just get what you see in your preview? 

From what ive heard final cut pro doesnt seem to have these issues.. but I dont have mac so I dont have that option. Might try using other video software soon. One problem after another with adobe, i shouldnt be losing this much hair at the age of 27 for simple things. Cap cut on my phone has less issues and can do almost the same thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines