Highlighted

Pitch Shifter creates distorted, poor quality audio

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody know how to get a smooth result from pitchshifter?  All I get is distorted poor quality results that are unusable.  The only way I can describe it is that sound wavers and sounds like its vibrating.  I usually have my girlfriend change the pitch on her Final Cut Pro and then export it for me but thats not working today and its time I figure this out.

All Im doing is dropping the semi-tones by -1 or -2 and leaving the cents alone.

Any help would be great!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Pitch Shifter creates distorted, poor quality audio

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody know how to get a smooth result from pitchshifter?  All I get is distorted poor quality results that are unusable.  The only way I can describe it is that sound wavers and sounds like its vibrating.  I usually have my girlfriend change the pitch on her Final Cut Pro and then export it for me but thats not working today and its time I figure this out.

All Im doing is dropping the semi-tones by -1 or -2 and leaving the cents alone.

Any help would be great!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 21, 2017 1
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition might be the better tool for this one.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2017 1
Enthusiast ,
Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition is definitely better - you can select the audio file and go to Edit-> edit in audition. It will send a copy over

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2017 1
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what do you do with Audition to make the quality better?

This is what I get with Premiere (Random sound file from freesound.org edited with premiere) https://streamable.com/detpxg
I cannot use this, because the audio is distorded badly which I would like to not do.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just send to audition as brian704 suggests.  I've had this problem with trying to speed up footage without changing the pitch and audition handled it fine.  as I remember figuring out how to match the speed change got a little tricky...

but no question, audition handled it much better than premiere.  this was in premiere 2019.  Maybe they've improved it in 2020

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0