Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pitch shifter creates "hiccups" in audio

New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I use Premire to put together cartoons. I import a lot of short sound files which are the sound effects for these toons. They are generally very brief sounds, which I think may be pertinent to the issue I'm having.

Anyway, using "Pitch Shifter" to adjust the pitch of these sound introduces "hiccups." I've linked an example. You will hear 3 "whooshes." The first whoosh has no pitch effect applyed to it. The second is shifted up 2 semitones and the 3rd is shifted up by 4 semitones. You can hear the hiccups in both instances where the pitch was shifted. If I use Audacity to shift the pitch of the sounds, I do not get the hiccups. 

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Hi samg60571834,

Sorry to hear about this. Is this happening with any specific audio type? Have you tried transcoding the audio file to any other format and checked if the newly transcoded file is working properly?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi samg60571834,

Sorry to hear about this. Is this happening with any specific audio type? Have you tried transcoding the audio file to any other format and checked if the newly transcoded file is working properly?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the advice! I had been using .mp3, but .mp4 worked much better. This has resolved the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest you do them in Audition, you always get much cleaner results. I quickly tried it using the first whoosh as a base.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines