Highlighted

Pixelated glitch on imported .mov files?

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goth_CCscreen.00_01_31_07.Still003.pngEvery time I import graphic .mov files (created in After Effects) into Premiere and then export, all of the graphic files get weird pixelation glitch. I have to re-export each and every graphic file and re-insert them into the video every time I have to make a change to any part of the video/export a new version. Can someone help?

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem, Export, How to, Import, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Pixelated glitch on imported .mov files?

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goth_CCscreen.00_01_31_07.Still003.pngEvery time I import graphic .mov files (created in After Effects) into Premiere and then export, all of the graphic files get weird pixelation glitch. I have to re-export each and every graphic file and re-insert them into the video every time I have to make a change to any part of the video/export a new version. Can someone help?

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem, Export, How to, Import, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 22, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erika,

Sorry for this. What's the system info and media type you are working with? Have you tried type of a slightly larger size? Are you using Legacy Titler or the current tools?

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a mid-2015 Macbook Pro running Catalina. 16 GB memory 1600 MHz DDR3.
Running Premiere Pro 2020, initially off a 2TB Lacie HD and then saving the
project file and new After Effects exports (aso 2020) on the Macbook
itself. I'm exporting the After Effects files to Quicktime files (RGB +
Alpha channels) and my Premiere files export to H.264 with medium bitrate.

Let me know if you need more info! Thank you,

--
*Erika Leo*
(727) 793-7211

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some other things that keep happening—I sometimes have to regularly change the audio hardware output, as I switch from using my laptop speakers to bluetooth speakers.

I've also gotten messages about my disk cache being too small, though I change it/empty the old cache every time I'm prompted.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does look like a very light font for video.  But you're saying that you do get successful exports some of the time?  Have you tried smart rendering?  Change your preview format to a high quality format like prores 422 (HQ) and render.  Do they titles look ok now?  If so, when you export, make sure "use previews" is checked.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting the AE graphics is fine, adding them to the Premiere timeline is fine, exporting the Premiere file is fine—it's just that when I close down Premiere and then re-open the project file, sometimes the graphics do this.

They are animated .mov files. Shapes appear in the background like this (after which, the glitch disappears):

Goth_CCscreen.00_01_32_03.Still005.png

I also just noticed that the .mov AE files have a different frame rate (29) than the Premiere sequence (24). Could that creating the problem?

I'm not sure how to change my preview format to 422. In Sequence Settings>>Video Previews>>Video File Format, there's no prores 422 option. Is it somewhere else?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the frame rate of the ae export should match the frame rate of your sequence.  That's the first thing to fix.  Also, generally 29 is not a frame rate, 29.97 is.  And although 24 fps does exist, it's often actually 23.976 also known as 24p.  And then there's the question of interlaced vs progressive.  So first figure out exactly what your source properties are in terms of frame rate and interlaced or progressive and that this matches your sequence settings.  I'm assuming all your sources have the same properties.  If not, that's another ugly can of worms.  And then make sure your AE comp settings match those exactly.  Happy to explain the why and wherefor of all of this if you want but it's not simple.

Hopefully this will solve your problem.  

And the prores options are available in your sequence settings but you have to choose "quicktime" first.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0