Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pixelation and Compression Artifacts in Videos Exported and Uploaded to YouTube

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[All hardware and recording/export settings at bottom]

No matter what settings I seem to use, I always end up having pixelation and compression artifacts in videos I upload to YouTube. I post videos just to share with friends and even though it's just for fun, I'd prefer the videos to be as high quality as possible. I'm not sure if it's something wrong with my sequence settings or my export settings but the videos I'm importing to Premiere Pro do not have these issues.

I use OBS Studio to record at 144fps because I would like the YouTube videos to be buttery smooth. I used to record with Nvidia Shadowplay before and even though the recordings were crisp and I would export with VBR, 2 Pass (15 Mbps Target Bitrate, 20 Mbps Maximum Bitrate), the uploads would end up pixelated with compression artifacts.

Here is the latest recording with OBS Studio with all current settings:

[video]

Thanks for any guidance!

Hardware:

Intel i7-7700K

EVGA RTX 2080 Super XC Gaming

16GB DDR4 3000MHz

Recording & Export Settings:

OBS Settings RecordingOBS Settings RecordingOBS Settings VideoOBS Settings VideoPremiere Sequence SettingsPremiere Sequence SettingsPremiere Export SettingsPremiere Export SettingsPremiere Encoding SettingsPremiere Encoding SettingsPremiere Bitrate SettingsPremiere Bitrate Settings

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try recording the footage at the same, 60fps, framerate as the sequence. You are just dropping frames using the higher 144fps material unless you are trying for a slowmo efect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey thanks for the response! I used to record at 60fps using Shadowplay but the export would still come out slightly grainy. Also, it's definitely smoother recording at 144fps and exporting at 60fps. I don't mind the larger file size, have frame rate drops, or care about export time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines