• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plan cancellation fee

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a 1 year plan with Premiere. Does anybody knows why do I have to pay to cancel my plan after more than a year? Why is the client support closed? Meanwhile Adobe is charging me every month. Sounds like unfair to me. Thank you.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Simple. After the one-year anniversary, it is too late to cancel without penalty. You MUST cancel within the last month of your one-year automatically-renewable term in order to avoid being charged. This means that if your anniversary date is on December 15, you must cancel between November 15 and December 14 (or the work day before December 14, if that date falls on a Saturday or a Sunday) in order to avoid this charge. Otherwise, you will be charged 50% of the amount due for the remaining months of your one-year renewable term. This means that if you cancel on the exact anniversary date, you will be charged half of what you would have been paying for the entire next year minus the current month - $291.39 plus tax in the case of the Creative Cloud All Apps subscription, or (in your case) $115.39 plus tax for the single-app subscription. The cancellation will not occur immediately, but rather at the end of the membership month in which the early termination fee is deducted from a credit or debit account that you have on file. This is because by default, when you subscribed, the default subscription was a one-year membership paid monthly. The only other subscription options are a monthly subscription without term commitments and a one-year prepaid subscription. If you cancel either of the latter two memberships after the first 14 days of that term but before the term end date, then your payment for those two subscriptions becomes nonrefundable.

This is clearly stated in the Adobe membership agreement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines