• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Play button disables on Source and Project Window

Enthusiast ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed that loading and unloading media for the source and sometimes program window, ata random time the play button and the space bar will not function. 

It appears that the play head fails to load/draw on the screen as in this sample.  

FlyingFourFun_0-1621225744495.png

If you click on the timeline in some place, any place, the play head will draw, and you then can play using space bar or the play buttons.

This is after I clicked on the time line:

FlyingFourFun_1-1621225807401.png

Basicaly, there is some seriose logic issues with the redraw of both source and program monitor and its random not predicable. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

afbeelding.png

Playhead won't play as it is at the end of the sequence: perfect normal behavior if you have this setting in the Pref unchecked.

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trash the preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Carlos, Ann's good eye on the position of the play head turned out to be the issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trashing preferences resets the program to its factory defaults

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trashing pref would not have made the user aware of what was going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sure, but trashing preferences could also be useful for users who want quick solutions (smiley)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and if that doesn't work:

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean install of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver)
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-fix-for-nvidia-gpu-crashes-when-using-a-laptop-on-wi....

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Also, please help us help you:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-what-information-should-i-provide-when-asking-a-ques...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information, I was in the middle of reading your reply when Ann's response came back.  Her observation was in fact the exact reason for my issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

afbeelding.png

Playhead won't play as it is at the end of the sequence: perfect normal behavior if you have this setting in the Pref unchecked.

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann, I can't believe I Missed that!

I guess in my excitement to test, I must have let the video play out, and didn't notice the head at the very end.

An embarrassing moment, as soon as I read your note I knew it, but of course I just checked and yes, this is exactly what appears to be happening.

I have not had this before, but your 100% correct here.  User error on my part.

Thanks for catching it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines