• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback choppy in Premiere Pro 2021 - latest version as at 21/6/2021

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new HP z book laptop (2 weeks old) with 32 meg of RAM, i7 processor running a Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000 card (latest driver installed). My video playback is choppy. I am pretty sure it was OK when I first got the laptop.I think this only started with the latest update of Prem Pro but I could be wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Premeire Pro forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I did not relaise I had this on the wrong forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further my video footage is shot on Canon M50, Canon M6 mark ii, Canon 5D mark iii and Iphone 12 plus.

The video plays fine in windows media player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you make sure that your playback resolution is set to full?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have.

If I export the video and play it back in windows media player it plays OK.

All the clips work fine in Premiere on my desk top which is 12 years old and running much older/less powerful Nvidia graphics card and slower processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that's not it:

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work,try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean install of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver)

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just discovered that my Nvidia Driver is a Game Ready Driver and not a Studio Driver - do I need to install a Studio Driver. If so do you know how do I find it? Nvidia says you can toggle between the two but I assume that means you would need to have both installed and I am pretty sure I don't have the Studio Driver installed as the toggleswtich is not active in the GEFORCE Experince software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mostly use the GeForce Experience drivers and they work just fine for me. But your system may react differently than mine, so why not give it a try...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the Geforce Experience Driver but it is it is the Game Ready Driver and the Studio driver is not showing. Not sure how to find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys probblem solved - a recent Windows 10 update had changed the power settings on the HP Laaptop - they have been reset and all is good. There was not enough power to drive the GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

wow, that's a new one.  thanks for posting your solution, not enough people do.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines