Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback extremely slow and choppy

Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I play games and do a bit of recording & editing on the side. However, I am barely able to do the simplest things in Premiere due to the terrible playback lag. It's basically running sub 1 FPS, and if I let it run for about 15 seconds, it completely gives up. Just freezes the image and stops the audio playback. Of course, I have GPU acceleration turned on and Premiere has 12GB of RAM. I've tried most of the tips and tricks to speed up playback with no success. I'm suspecting the drivers are the issue since recently NVIDIA has released some pretty problematic drivers. Since I do play more games than I edit, I don't want to switch to "Creator" drivers. I didn't have an issue like this a while ago, can't exactly remember when this started. I think it's been a while, I just decided to do something about it now. 

Playback resolution and paused resolution are both on 1/2. Another thing that might be problematic is the video file itself. It's 1080p60 but 8 minutes already adds up to 8GB because I record with very high quality.

Specs:

Intel Core i5-8600K

NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti

HyperX 16GB 3600MHz RAM

Samsung 512GB EVO SSD (I think it's 860 EVO?)

1TB HDD

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transcode the footage to an easy editable format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, sorry for answering so late. I think the forum was having problems because it wasn't loading and I couldn't reply.

Anyway, what are the easier formats to edit? I record in MP4, so maybe I can record the footage in that format already so I wouldn't have to transcode it. Thanks for the reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines