Playback is fast after import

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been editing my videos on my surface pro with no issues until now. When I import my video clip, the playback is fast for some reason. I also notice that old projects are now doing the same thing. Does anyone know how to fix this? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Editing, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know what framerate the clips have?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recorded in 1920x1080 at 29.97fps

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try transcoding one of the clips with HandBrake or any other application, then import it into Premiere Pro and see if the same thing happens, just to be sure.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure Default Input in the Audio Hardware in the Preferences is set to No Input.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeffery,

Thanks for writing in.

In addition to the suggestions given by our experts above, I'd like to know the frame rate under sequence settings. Could you share a screenshot? Sequence > Sequence settings.

Also, which version of Premiere Pro are you using?

Let us know. We're here to help.

Regards,

Shivangi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines