Playback issue on 2nd Playback Monitor

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

So I've been having this problem on Premiere Pro (2020 version) for the past couple of weeks and it's been really bugging me. I just purchased a new monitor to be my 2nd playback monitor (asus 4k) for clients/directors to look at. I set everything up correctly with the mecury transmitter and such and such. The problem now is that the playback monitor is cropped wierdly. Its zoomed into the bottom left region of the screen for some reason (while on my main display it looks fine). By clicking out of the app and clicking back in it fixes itself, but this is really tedious. I notice it happens when i click and drag the heads and tails of clips in my timeline. 

From doing extensive research I've noticed that this issue can be resolved by making sure the display setting of both monitors are set to 100% when running the program. This fixes the issue but now Premiere's tools and such are too small on my primary monitor. Is there a way to have both a big UI with premiere using the windows scaling and have the program monitor be correct? Please let me know. 

I also used a tip I found on here, which was starting premiere at 100% scaling for both, then switching it to 150 and that worked for awhile. But now all of a sudden it doesn't. Any other tips? 

I'm also really frustrated because Adobe support (When I call them) are telling me that its a display issue and not a premiere issue, but I don't think that's the case. I did everything. Updated the drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled premiere, went into Nvidia settings, premeire settings, all of it. If someone could help I would really appreciate it. Thank you for your time in advanced. 

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Hardware or GPU, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Participant ,
Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry mate wish I had better news Adobe has had problems with multimonitor for like two years now, and they refuse to fix it. The only advice can give you its keep the program window on the screen that is your primary. 😞 I just reported more problems with it myself.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Participant ,
Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or get something like the blackmagic intensity pro (which I don't think they make any more - but maybe there's a 4k equivalent) which feeds the 2nd monitor directly not from your graphics card. 

and there is at a very reasonable price

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/intensitypro4k

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines