• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback issue

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Premiere has been acting kinda weird lately. Whenever I want to start a playback it takes 8-10 painfully long seconds to start playing. Sometimes when I stop it the picture stops moving but the audio keeps going on. I tried everything.

Specs:

4x 16GB RAM
RTX 2080 8GB
Intel i9-900K

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please tell us your source properties and your sequence settings...  And make sure you have plenty of empty space on all your drives (at least 20 % on your boot drive and at least 10% on all other drives).  It's possible you have a drive that's failing...  And at least for troubleshooting purposes, do not run any other programs and physically pull the ethernet cable or turn off wifi...  You might also create a new user account with administrative privileges and log in to that account and see if things improve.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried closing other programs, and I don't know if it was the cause or just coincidence but the playback started to stutter massively. But only with nested sequences. About failing Drive, I don't know if that's the case. I noticed that my OBS is also having trouble saving my recordings there. I have a 4TB HDD, and a 1TB HDD. There is also the SSD for the system. I have my apps and project files on the 4TB. The cache files are on the 1TB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

render the nest...  makes sense that nests would require more processing power, at least in my head...   Do you have any effects applied either to the nest or within the nest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1) How do I render nests?

2) yes I have effects in and on the nest. 

They are sequences I made to have more control over them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines