Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback Issues on Premiere Pro CC 2015

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am currently having major playback issues on Premiere Pro, as in it's not playing back at all. This was working perfectly on the previous version.

I have tried re-installing it, and I have done the Mercury Playback Setting change that I found else where in the forums but I am still having issues, can any one shed a light on this please?

Thanks,

Lewis.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Hello VGA Grayster,

I am currently having major playback issues on Premiere Pro, as in it's not playing back at all. This was working perfectly on the previous version.

EDIT: Please install the Premiere Pro CC 2015 (9.0.1) update. It fixes most playback issues covered in this thread.

If the update does not solve the playback issue you were having on a current project, try a new project and see if playback returns to normal. For any other issues with the update, please create a new pos

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 263 Replies 263
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An Update.

Since my last post I totally uninstalled Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 and a few days ago I re-installed it.  Now I don't know what changed between then and now, I certainly didn't change anything on my machine hardware wise but it seems to be working fine now.  When I tried uninstalling and re-installing the last time the playback problem didn't go away.  This time it has.

So, I know this isn't very helpful, but there it is...

I'm just glad I can get away from FCP X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When did you last have CC 2015 installed?  You likely now have CC 2015.2 installed (new version), which addressed many issues that people were complaining about in CC 2015 and CC 2015.1...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2016 Mar 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent an hour going back thru the 7 pages of this thread, hoping to find the solution to the problem.

I've dealt with all the system requirements, graphics card drivers, etc. including spending about an hour and a half yesteday

with a tech who, through remote access, came to the conclusion that it wasn't a glitch on my end. I just tried the turning

off "Mercury Transmit" idea I got from Monkeybrush's post, but it didn't help in my case.

Here's a detail I hope might offer some insight: The playback is frozen, but if I move my cursor across the transport buttons,

it advances by fits and starts. Does that give anyone a clue to what's causing the hang?

Thanks to all of you who get on these forums and spent effort and expertise to offer assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2016 Mar 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how it is possible that they released such a piece of broken software. I have edited multiple projects on PP cc15 on different computers both mac and PC and the same issues. It will just stop play back, double up the preview screen and not listen to any inputs, even though it is not frozen. Right now I am finishing a film and if I even move an audio track it chokes up. This never happens on cc2014. And I have to render my entire timeline it's like using FCP7... WHY! oh gawd why. It's incredibly annoying! 

This is Adobe's problem it doesn't happen on CC2014. It insane! Just fix the one thing that you absolutely need to edit, a freaking video player!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2016 Mar 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jordan:

I've chatted and given remote access to 4 different techs with

each taking a different approach to the problem. The last one had

it working until I rebooted. My guess is that the fix is multifaceted

and really complicated.

I'm going to get back on chat tomorrow morning and hope I get

lucky. Anything I learn, I'll pass on here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2016 Mar 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue, it seems to happen less when there is no Lumetri on my clips. Do you experience the same thing? Also, I'm working from a server and with 6k Dragon footage, not sure if there is a bottleneck there somewhere but it seems to be happening with everyone premiere no matter what footage they are working with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2016 Mar 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike(r):

My situation sounds a lot more straight-forward than yours.
And a solution was found for me. Even though, the graphics

display adapter claimed to be "up to date", forcing my Intel 4000

to update anyway got the video unfrozen.

I still think this issue is one where the software has vulnerabilities

that allow some anomaly, some incompatibility, to cause big trouble.

My guess is that it doesn't have one source, so there isn't one "fix"

type solution. It was fascinating to watch each of the 5 techs who

had remote access to my system do their work. They each had a

different approach, which is the reason I think its a pretty complicated

issue. Good Luck to everyone who's still dealing with it.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2016 Apr 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe this problem still exists after almost one year. I'm now working on an important and big project, and it seems that the larger my project becomes, the more often my video player freezes and just shows me a black screen. Also the audio playback stops (you don't hear anything when scrubbing/scrolling either). I'm able to save my project before I have to restart the program, but this is no way of working with a professional video editing program.

PLEASE PLEASE DO SOMETHING ADOBE!!!!!

Working on a late 2013 MAC PRO

3 GHZ 8-CORE INTEL XEON E5

32GB 1866 MHZ DDR3 ECC RAM

2X AMD FIREPRO D500 3072MP

OSX YOSEMITE (10.10.5)

I already did EVERYTHING described above, including updating OSX, cleaning my caches, switching harddisks, etc etc etc.... Time for a real solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, because I don't have any of the problems described in the article

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MAC Users:

Go to your Preference>Audio Hardware>Default Input And change it to "Line Input".....

This fixed all my playback issues. God this was ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2016 Jun 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[ SOLVED ]

I think I found the issue.
Premiere was trying to use my Integrated Graphic card as GPU, instead of my Nvidia gtx 960m.

So, I went to NVIDIA control penal. And forced selected 'High performance NVIDIA processor' instead of 'auto selected: integrated'.
This worked for me. I hope it works for you all. Happy Editing!!
Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2016 Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

Dual Xeon

64GB Ram

Nvidia 980

I guess I'm having the same issues as well. Everything is great, then suddenly, playback will no longer work. Pressing spacebar, clicking the play button or scrubbing no longer works. I can save, but I have to exit completely, and that too sometimes doesn't work, so I have to end task (ending Premiere Pro, Dynamic Link Manager, QT32 Server) and start Premiere up again. Then everything starts working again for some amount of time before it stops again.

I've tried to simply end-task the QT32 Server, and when I do so, playback and scrubbing will start working again, but any Pro-Res files on the timeline no longer play. Any other cameras using H264, etc. all play fine.

This is frustrating to say the least. I'm going to need another NLE just to take over small editing duties so I don't have to deal with this nonsense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2016 Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My institution has only recently made available 2015.4 to us so I am a latecomer to this discussion. I am experiencing these symptoms (slow playback of straightforward media on the timeline, black screen playback, jerky playback).

I've tried a range of the suggestions outlined here with no success, so I just wanted to summarise what I have tried in the hope of someone pointing out more possible solutions.

iMac. OSX 10.11.6. 3.5GHz Core i7 32GB RAM. NVIDIA GTX 780M 4GB card (generic Apple driver).

(Same poor playback symptoms on lesser iMacs and Mac Pro Late 2013)

(I also still have 2015.2 on this machine so i can compare the same project's playback side-by-side. Smooth playback on 2015.2).

Tried:

-Deleting cache files from Library

-Cleaning Media Cache

-Turning off Mercury Transmit

-Making location of scratch disks local (from default of Same as Project)

-Changing render mode to Open CL accelerated and deleting previews

-Changer render mode to Software only & ditto

-Installing NVIDIA drivers and using CUDA acceleration & ditto

-Re-installing Creative Cloud suite

Have I missed anything worth trying? At this stage I'm keeping our projects in 2015.2 until I can work out what the problem is (or it's rectified by Adobe).

Matthew P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines