• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback lag suddenly just started in Premiere

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having problems with video not playing smoothly, especially noticeably when I scrub through the video, it's very jerky. This has only just started to happen so I don't know if something has become corrupted. It affects all video files, codecs and resolutions. Videos outside of Premiere appear to be fine. I even tried rendering the video in Premiere and it was still laggy. Version is 2015. I installed the latest version (2017) and tried in an older version and the problem is the same. Not sure what else to try?

I've also noticed that the picture is very slow to update when I'm colour correcting and making changes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Preference, Media - deleting cache files is a start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've cleared the cache already and deleted temp folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restart computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If none of the above works, then provide information about your computer, etc.: FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that guide. Useful to have bookmarked as a reminder. I'm basically at the stage of reinstalling Windows, having tried everything else. A major inconvenience but I've already lost 2 days troubleshooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The same thing happened to me. One day everything worked well and the next it was completely impossible to play any video. I tried every tips on the internet and nothing worked, but then I contacted adobe support and they restored the application preferences and now it works perfectly again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines