• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback lagging

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using premiere pro for a while, and for that time playback has always been laggy. I figured the problem was my processor, because it didn't meet the requirements to run premiere pro. So, I bought a brand new processor, and intel i7 9700k with 8 cores to be specific, and playback is still just as laggy. when I used my old processor with premiere, it showed it was using 100% of it in task manager. But, with my new processor, It's only using about 30-40%. So my processor can do more to make premiere run smoothly, but just doesn't. Anybody have any solutions? Really annoying that I bought a brand new processor just for it to not solve the problem. I have an nvidia geforce gtx 1660, 16 gb of ram, and an intel i7 9700k

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many and what kind of hard drives... SSD or spinning platter?

What are you editing... SD or HD or 4k video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry for the very late reply. I'm using an hdd drive, and I'm editing 1080p 75 fps gameplay videos. I'm starting to think maybe the problem is obs is using an encoder that premiere doesn't like, but I'm still not sure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might be right. Make sure its set to constant framerate and dont go over 60 fps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines