• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback Laggy/Choppy

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this problem with premiere for the longest time. I try to use playback and it’s choppy to the point where I can’t see what’s happening in my video. Audio is perfectly fine. I should also add that this only happens an hour into my video clips, or just 5 or so minutes into a heavily edited project. I’ve tried using a different video format and remuxing the recordings, I’ve tried lowering playback resolution, I’ve tried clearing my cache, etc. I’ve tried everything I could find from searching on google but I can’t find a fix. I’m using the most recent version of premiere, yet this has been happening in older ones. I don’t think it’s my pc, as my specs are up to par with the ones required to run premiere (intel core i7 9700k 8 cores 3.90 clock speed, GeForce gtx 1660 ti, 16 gigs ram). Any help is appreciated

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to consider using proxies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without project details it's hard to give any meaningful advice. If you are working with VFR sources, that can an issue,  16GB RAM may not be enough for heavily edited project, and so on.

Try these simple steps for starter:

1) go Preferences > Audio Hardware > Default Input => select "No Input"

2) Turn off hardware accelerated Decoding in Preferences > Media... (do app restart)

3) Make sure that nVidia G-Sync is OFF in driver control panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Consider a workflow that leverages Smart Rendering in Premiere Pro.

Based on what you've listed for your system specs, you computer should handle 1080p Apple ProRes 422 HQ just fine, assuming you're using storage media able to maintain the bandwidth requirements.

Speaking of bandwidth requirements, have you tried using something like Blackmagic Disk Speed Test (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/blackmagic-disk-speed-test/id425264550?mt=12) to verify what your storage media can play?  While any bandwidth untily can be used, this one checks off the types of media you can expect to play smoothly.

Blackmagic Disk Speed Test showing that 2160p Apple ProRes 422 will play smoothly from the storage media being tested.Blackmagic Disk Speed Test showing that 2160p Apple ProRes 422 will play smoothly from the storage media being tested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines