Highlighted

Playback Monitor Positioning Error (Multiple Displays)

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! Searching to see if anyone can help me out here, I'm having a fairly annoying issue with CC.17 (2017.1.2) where my playback monitor is continuously positioned off-centre (and therefore cropped) -- either Premiere is interpreting the position of my monitor incorrectly or is being fed an incorrect position by the OS, either way it's totally beyond my technical know-how to fix and am looking for some help,

I've attached a screen grab of the issue as I see it (primary monitor in the centre with two smaller HD's left and right, the left hand monitor should be full-screen playback) also attaching the system display settings for all three monitors along with a system overview -- system is running dual GeForce GTX 1080 Ti's, Current Driver Version 385.41

PremierePro-Error-01.jpg

PremierePro-Settings.jpg

Primary Display: Dell PQ2715Q

Secondary: 2x DELL U2414H

All connected by HDMI

SystemDisplaySettings.jpg

SystemOverview.jpg

Any help at all would be hugely appreciated,

Cian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Playback Monitor Positioning Error (Multiple Displays)

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! Searching to see if anyone can help me out here, I'm having a fairly annoying issue with CC.17 (2017.1.2) where my playback monitor is continuously positioned off-centre (and therefore cropped) -- either Premiere is interpreting the position of my monitor incorrectly or is being fed an incorrect position by the OS, either way it's totally beyond my technical know-how to fix and am looking for some help,

I've attached a screen grab of the issue as I see it (primary monitor in the centre with two smaller HD's left and right, the left hand monitor should be full-screen playback) also attaching the system display settings for all three monitors along with a system overview -- system is running dual GeForce GTX 1080 Ti's, Current Driver Version 385.41

PremierePro-Error-01.jpg

PremierePro-Settings.jpg

Primary Display: Dell PQ2715Q

Secondary: 2x DELL U2414H

All connected by HDMI

SystemDisplaySettings.jpg

SystemOverview.jpg

Any help at all would be hugely appreciated,

Cian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 11, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not much help but I have a similar issue, any new panel being opened appears half way off my leftmost screen. I running 4 screens on a GTX 970, Windows 10

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2017 0
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard, yeah sounds familiar, with my situation the problem is limited solely to the programme monitor being sent to my external monitor (via the Preferences > Playback > Transmit Options). This should give me full-screen playback but is being cropped as per the screenshots above.

The plot thickens now, if I move into another application and return to Premiere (after about 2-3minutes) the Playback is now, magically, full-screen, but the topmost third is cropped black, and will suddenly return to it's normal error state if I got back into preferences and change something.

Also worth nothing that no matter what Video Device check-box I select in the Preferences > Playback window, Premiere will always send the video to my leftmost Monitor, (Monitor 3), even if I check Monitor 2…

Untitled-2.jpg

I recently moved system having worked on Mac's for years and never encountered this issue, (running an identical three monitor setup on a 27" iMac with two external HD monitors, on Premiere CC.17, I never encountered this issue at all) I'm completely lost in a mire of possible conflicts between Nvidia drivers and Windows system settings or Premiere just acting weird…

Anyone from Adobe care to help?   

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2017 0
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I have connected a third display which is a 55" LG LED HD TV, and when I check in the playback the TV as a playback monitor, the display comes displaced or cropped. It also sometimes come back if I do random things like switching programs and coming back. It is odd after all this time that Adobe hasn't answered to this particuliar problem. I'm running an Nvidia GeForce 1060 6GB, and no matter how I put my displays, I still have the same problem. It sucks that I bought a 1300$ TV and not be able to have my footage on the whole screen. Any new updates from anyone?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 10, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have been having this problem for a while...  Trying to use the Playback Preview feature so that it uses a dedicated monitor has really never worked right for me.... It always displays the playback content 'off kilter' the wrong size, kind of spread between two screens in a strange way.  I've had this problem for years..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In OP's post, his issue likely stemmed from the fact his leftmost monitor is at 150% scaled in his Windows settings. Do you have any scaling turned on?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. Seems like I was able to figure it out (at least on my dual monitor setup)

As Jeff said, both monitors need to be scaled 100% (make sure you select each display individually and choose 100% under scale and layout settings)

Hope it helps

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still a huge problem 3 years later.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0