Playback play/stop lag ever since 2020 update

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Playback commands have been super laggy ever since I updated to the 2020 version. Playback continues to play for about 3-4 seconds after stopping it. It happens about a 4th of the time, but it's enough to slow my editing way down. Starting playback is the same way. It doesn't matter whether I'm on my 2019 MacBook Pro or my 2017 iMac, it still struggles. I'm on a super fast system with my footage, app, and media cache all on separate thunderbolt SSD drives, so I shouldn't be having this problem. I can't figure it out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Editing, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've actually tried both of those already, and it didn't fixed anything for me. But I really appreciate the reply! Thank you! Hopefully I can find a solution to this super frustrating problem.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines