• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback randomply flashes frames/images from outside of Premiere

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running the latest version of Premiere on Windows 10. As I edit, the playback screen will occasionally flash with images from other programs I happen to be running at the same time, so I'll see a small glimpse of the browser (Google Chrome, specifically) or explorer window I have up while scrubbing through the video I'm working on.

I'm baffled by what could be triggering it, all I know is that it started happening soon after I upated both Windows 10 and Premiere to their latest versions. I've tried updating and even rolling-back my display drivers, as well as minor tweaks in my Premiere settings to improve general performance (lately, Premiere has been taking a while to open/save projects too). And it only seems to happen when I have something running alongside Premiere and I switch back and forth between the programs.

Is it a memory thing? I have 8GB. Should I install more?

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nathan,

There are some programs which use the GPU a lot that should remain closed as you edit. Chrome and Spotify are common bottlenecks. If you must have a browser open, you can disable GPU acceleration in Chrome. That might help. Computers with very powerful components need to worry about these things a little less, yet, still, it's good to keep them in mind. That said, yes, 8 GB RAM is rather low for many workflows. I would double it to begin with.

In the old days, were were not even allowed to have our computers connected to the internet, much less using streaming services on them as we edited. Even those days are long gone, some of those lessons were hard learned. I still reboot my computer twice daily and avoid additional overhead from other applications when I am focused on editing.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know. I had a feeling my computer might be due for it (It's a Dell Inspiron 15 7567, if that happens to mean anything). This would actually be my first time buying and installing new Ram, which--even if it somehow doesnt fix the problem--I think would be good experience for me anyways.

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is fairly low RAM. You're going to use a big chunk of it just for operating the computer. Then something like Chrome is also a bit of a RAM-hog as far as an internet browser goes. You don't have much to work with.

As Kevin suggested, especially on a machine like that, close up the other programs so Premiere has access to as much of your hardware resources as it can get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will add that I saw this strange behavior also intermittently... also after updating Windows this past week... and it was in apps other than Premiere. I was using Zoom and a PDF editor, and no Adobe apps at all at that moment. But the screen flashed quickly an image from one app while I was using another. So I don't think this is necessarily related to Premiere at all. I think it's the Windows update. My non-techie, non-verified hunch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines