• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

playback suddenly choppy / skipping after years of no issue on good pc

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ive been trying to figure this out for days now i have went through so many things with no success, ive went through viturtually every setting in preferenes, turned gpu acceleration on and off, changed audio inputs and outputs, cleared chaches, created proxies, reinstalled and wiped all preferences to reset them, updated graphic drivers, updated adobe premiere , redownloaded the older version of premiere (14.9).
it has this issue of un usable playback video and audio lag / choppyness that it didnt have a week ago even when i create a new project and only have a single video, it happens on all of my projects new and old. not sure what else to do. 

Watching the preformance bar of all of my components even my storage drives nothing is at all near bandwith capacity / limit while it is lagging

Pc specs
ryzen 5900x 
1070ti oc'd
32gb 3600 ram 
m.2 nvme ssd adobe is running on

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

What kind of drive is the media on, and is the same media file that has worked for you in the past? 

It looks like you're getting dropped frames, so make sure the drive the media is on is okay; maybe try putting the media on a different drive and see if it performs any better?

Also, did you do any Windows or CUDA updates recently?

JVK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have tried with cuda accelleration on and off i have updated drivers, i have switched gpus, i have tried multiple drives, simply starting any new project and putting any file in will cause this outcome all of these files worked fine before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of footage are you working with. Is this constant framerate or variable framerate? If the latter, please run it through Handbrake first: www.handbrake.fr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing a somewhat similar issue in v14.9 and v15 with similar hardware. I noticed having Lumetri scopes in a separate monitor causes the Program monitor to stutter like the above example. I also cannot get either version to playback H.264, H.265 footage, or 1080 PNG and JPG stills without dropping most of the frames. Sometimes it will playback somewhat smoothly, other times it lags so much that hitting the space bar to stop doesn't stop for another 2-3 seconds.

When it does playback reasonably smoothly, it starts to lag behind the audio. I have projects where the cuts are to the beat and it starts falling behind right away.

Ryzen 9 3950X

128GB RAM

RTX 2070 Super (latest Studio Driver)

OS drive: 2TB Samsung 860

Cache drive: Samsung 970 EVO NVMe

Footage drives: 2TB Samsung 860 and Seagate BarraCuda Pro 10TB

Premiere Pro Lagging.jpg
Look at the performance of my machine when I am playing back a 1920x802 project with H.264 footage and PNG and JPG stills. It lags and drops frames excessively. Yellow playback indicator. None of the stills are higher than 1920x802. The footage is all 1080. The only FX is Crop.

I'd think moving a project that stutters or drops frames over to an internal SSD or NVMe drive might help but it doesn't. None of the footage is demanding, especially considering this machine specs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you ever find a fix to this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wild guess: delete all nested audio from timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines