• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

playbacks lag

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a new project with Premiere and once I import the file and drag it into the sequence, the playback is already lagging. I've already rendered the sequence, changed the GPU, and many other options to help this out. I'm all out of options and don't know what to do next.

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro13,3

Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

That video is interesting, it's backwards to what one would like. Constant bit rate (not needed) Variable frame rate (not good). I've not seen 16000 fps before either.

You're probably going to need to run that footage thru Handbrake (free) and bring it to Constant Frame Rate. Then you can get on to editing in Premiere. https://handbrake.fr/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the Proxy workflow, they make a huge difference. Paste some info of your media also.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/ingest-proxy-workflow.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I already made a proxy and it still does the same thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your video file type/frame rate/frame size etc. Without that, it may be harder to determine if you're having a computer issue or codec. Version of Premiere might help. History might help, have you had this before? Did you update recently? etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Originally the file was an m4v and was then converted into mp4, but when I playback the mp4 file on QuickTime, it's perfectly fine and there are no issues. I have version pr2020 and this is the first time it's done this. Everything has been updated after I first started have this problem. This is my friend's project and I'm helping him out with editing. 

File type: mp4

frame rate: 60

frame size: 1280 x 720

file size: 2.21 gb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I first received the project it was doing this. I was sent both the mp4 and prproj, even when I tried to make a new file to start fresh it did it again. I immediately updated my computer, premiere, and uninstall and reinstall it. 

I've rendered the file, made proxys, and lower playback resolution 😔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any other options I should try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What format are the proxies? h.264 / mp4? or .mov? What preset did you use in creating them.

You need the free MediaInfo program to get info on your clips. Get the program from the link below and using the 'Tree' view post a screenshot of your clip info: https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So for the proxies it only gives me h.264/ mp4. The preset is h.264 low-resolution proxy.Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 3.45.12 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the TREE view in MediaInfo going forward.

So, create some ProRes proxies instead of h.264. Those are the hard to edit (peformance wise) files. The proxies make a really significant improvement for most of us, but never h.264.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 4.26.42 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That video is interesting, it's backwards to what one would like. Constant bit rate (not needed) Variable frame rate (not good). I've not seen 16000 fps before either.

You're probably going to need to run that footage thru Handbrake (free) and bring it to Constant Frame Rate. Then you can get on to editing in Premiere. https://handbrake.fr/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, that video on YouTube doesn't look like 'lagging' it looks like it's got a playback problem. Does it play OK in some other software, I don't know the MAC video players, but something else. Anyway, go to Handbrake and try to convert it to some constant frame rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works better now!!!! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

what fixed your issue with playback?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines