• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please fix the Track Select Tool to the way it was before!

Participant ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In older Premiere versions the forward/backward Track Select Tool (shortcut 'A') by default was selecting one track, and with Shift it was selecting all tracks (I don't remember if there was an option to select multiple tracks).

Why on earth have Premiere people decided to reverse this intuitive and simple behaviour to something opposite and absolutely counterproductive is beyond me... Now when I select the 'A' tool it by default selects all tracks. So if I want to select one track, I need to press Shift, then grab the track, then release Shift, and only then I am able to move it. So many unnecessary actions that take a lot of time and finger coordination to do a simple thing. In all the software that I know SHIFT is by default used to select multiple items, and it makes sense. Actually even in Premiere all the other tools with Shift allow selecting multiple items, except the 'A' tool.

I wish this could be fixed and also a Multiple track selection option added. To please all users, this could be an option of choice if needed.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should post this on the Premiere Pro feedback page so people can upvote your suggestion. https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are mistaken.

A is default all tracks and shift will give one track: always been like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm, nope. in older versions (I cannot tell which, but probably a few years back) 'A' was for single layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was a long time ago. Version CC 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe

But it became very obvious and frustrating to me now, probably because I didn't have a need to use this tool so often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines