• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

*PLEASE HELP* How can I change the resolution of a legacy title in 2017 Premiere???

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that in Premiere Pro CC 2015 you could just create a new title based on current title, but in 2017 I see no such option. I do not want to re create all my titles from scratch just because I accidentally created them in a low res. How can I change the resolution on my titles in the 2017 version???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

The way title cards were made in CC2015 is still in CC2017, but it's called "Legacy Title".

The Legacy Titles are locked at the frame size at which they were created.

As Jim mentioned above, you'll have to make new ones.

You can re-use the contents of your CC2015 titles, but how depends on whether you pick going with the new titles or the legacy titles.

If you go with the new titles, you can copy and paste the text.  Double-click the type, select all fo it and then copy and a paste.  If going with t

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe you can change title resolution.  You might have to make new ones.

The Based On feature wouldn't help here anyway, as it would just make more of the wrong resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way title cards were made in CC2015 is still in CC2017, but it's called "Legacy Title".

The Legacy Titles are locked at the frame size at which they were created.

As Jim mentioned above, you'll have to make new ones.

You can re-use the contents of your CC2015 titles, but how depends on whether you pick going with the new titles or the legacy titles.

If you go with the new titles, you can copy and paste the text.  Double-click the type, select all fo it and then copy and a paste.  If going with the legacy titles, you can copy and paste the objects from the low resolution titles to the new, correct resolution titles and resize from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a simpler way.  (I'm using Premiere CC2020, by the way).  Click on the old title made in the Legacy Titler.  The title will open the Legacy Titler.  In the upper left hand corner of the screen, select  "New Title Based on Current Title".  A dialog box opens. One of the options is to change the Video Settings.  For example, a title that was 1920x1080, can be changed to 3840 x 2160.  Save the title under a new name (i.e. "Over 200 Local Vendors 4K").  Go back to your Premiere time-line, click on the original title and select "Replace from Bin".  That will replace the original title with the newer one made in a different resolution.  Verify the size of the title by right clicking on the new Title and select Properties.  This will save you from re-making an old title from scratch. It's a time-saver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines