• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please Help! I cannot export H264 1920 x 817 in Premiere!

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I got a question/problem: I made an 1920 x 817 sequence in Premiere Pro CC 2018. When iam exporting my video in - Quick Time pro res 422 HQ - I got a 1920 x 817 video and everything is fine. But when iam exporting in H264 for youtube I only can export 1920 x 816.

Where is the missing pixel? I want it. Iam a perfectionist. 😉 Can you help? Best regards from Germany, Leo

TOPICS
Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Tere is absolutely no way at all, in this case. Adobe did not decide this. MainConcept did. MainConcept provided the encoding engine for Premiere Pro, and Adobe was required to live by MainConcept's rules with regards to output dimensions. MainConcept will not permit 1920x817 exports at all in its H.264 encoder. You will have to use 1920x816 (the resolution nearest 1920x817 to be evenly divisible by 4).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct you cannot export odd numbers and also resolutions must be divided by 4 if you want to be perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your answer. Yeah, I know that h264 doesnt accept odd numbers.

What I dont like is the fact that the missing pixel cuts away a bit (vertically) on the left and right of the image. So the image is not the original size.

Here an example from the export dialog:Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-12 um 12.41.14.pngedge left.jpgedge right.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe there is an setting that I dont know that I can export H264 1920 x 817?

best regards from germany

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tere is absolutely no way at all, in this case. Adobe did not decide this. MainConcept did. MainConcept provided the encoding engine for Premiere Pro, and Adobe was required to live by MainConcept's rules with regards to output dimensions. MainConcept will not permit 1920x817 exports at all in its H.264 encoder. You will have to use 1920x816 (the resolution nearest 1920x817 to be evenly divisible by 4).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had several deliverables of a similar size and we did 1920x818.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines