Highlighted

Plugin Creation

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm looking to create a Plugin for premiere pro and wondered if there are any resources by adobe for developers?

PPro Plug-ins are a good way to access image data, but a poor way to manipulate metadata. 

PPro panels (extensions) are the best way to manipulate metadata. 

Perhaps you could combine the two; create a plug-in that accesses video data and passes it to your analysis, which gets saved [somewhere convenient], and your panel could apply that metadata to the appropriate project items.

Topics

SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Plugin Creation

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm looking to create a Plugin for premiere pro and wondered if there are any resources by adobe for developers?

PPro Plug-ins are a good way to access image data, but a poor way to manipulate metadata. 

Perhaps you could combine the two; create a plug-in that accesses video data and passes it to your analysis, which gets saved [somewhere convenient], and your panel could apply that metadata to the appropriate project items.

Topics

SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly! 
You can find the SDKs here: Adobe Premiere Pro SDK for plugin & extension development ...www.adobe.io › apis › creativecloud › p...

What sort of plug-in are you hoping to write? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for that! It's more an idea at the moment (as I'm a complete beginner developer) but I'm looking to use image recognition algorithms to generate metadata based off the poster frame of a video that can output into the description/keyword parameter. I think it would be particularly useful for identifying slates in narrative drama and hoping it will cut down the ingest process.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the advice! I'll give that a go 😁.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines