Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plugins not appearing in Windows > Extensions menu

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I’m having problems downloading plugins for Adobe Premiere Pro, and having them appear in the Window > Extensions menu.

The plugin I have downloaded is from Insta360, it is a plugin to enable virtual tour stitching.

The plugin from insta360 downloads into Program Files > Adobe > Common > Plug-ins > 7.0 > MediaCore

When I open Premiere Pro the initialiser screen runs and at the end of the text info states “Loading insta360importer.prm” – so it is being recognised by Premiere Pro. But then as mentioned, it doesn’t appear in the Window > Extensions menu.

I thought this might have been a problem with Insta360’s software, but then I installed GoPro Fusion Studio software – their equivalent plugin called GoProVRPlayer.prm downloads to the same place – but same issue, it doesn’t appear in the Window > Extensions menu. I have tried on multiple computers and uninstalled / reinstalled the plugin many times.

Could I have the .prm file in the wrong folder? Is there a way to manually search for the plugin through Premiere Pro?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it show up in the Effects panel? That´s the place were you normally find installed plug-ings.

Try this:

To reset preferences and plug-in cache at the same time, hold down Shift-Alt (Windows) or Shift-Option (Mac OS) while the application is starting. Release the Shift-Alt keys or Shift-Option key when the splash screen appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I followed that step and was able to reset the plugin caches and preferences.

Unfortunately the plugins for insta360 and GoPro are still not visible in the Window>Extensions menu nor in the effects panel. I also uninstalled insta360 studio and the plugin then reinstalled, but still not visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Premiere Pro, go to Help > About Premiere Pro and report back which version of Premiere Pro you are using.

Try to put the .prm file/s here instead: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019\Plug-Ins\Common

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is version 13.1.2 (Build 9)

I moved the insta360importer.prm file into C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019\Plug-Ins\Common

On the start up splash screen it did show additional text after “Loading insta360importer.prm”

So I assume changing the folder for that file did have some effect but the plugin is still not visible in Window>Extensions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i install GoPro Fusion Studio i don´t see it in the Extension menu either. But when i open a project GoPro VR Player do launch and loads the current frame. I never do 360 video so i don´t know if this is bad, good or expected...

Kevin-Monahan Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed PP and the plugins on a third computer the plugin still does not display in window>extensions.

Is there any way to manually add extensions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has the plugin ever shown itself in window>extentions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont think the are suppose to.

Just install and direct them to the path in Program Files.

Run as administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just replied on the forum also. The plugins do not appear in the effects panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a link to those plugins. Dont know of any Gopro plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gopro link is here: https://shop.gopro.com/APAC/softwareandapp/gopro-fusion-studio-app/fusion-studio.html

When you download the Studio App, it has checkbox marked to install the plugin for Premiere Pro

The insta360 download is here - https://www.insta360.com/download/insta360-onex  (see Insta360 STUDIO 2019) - It works the same way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Install the extension manager software and then using this drag the ZXP file of the plugin onto this application. Do this when the Adobe applications are closed. Then check.

install.anastasiy.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines