• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plural Eyes 4 VS Premiere Syncing

Guide ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I use an External Recorder such as Tascam 701-D, or Mix-Pre6, during a shoot, I use the PluralEyes 4 to Sync the Audio Of the Recorder, and the Camera, at It does a pretty good Job. Inside Premiere, there Is an option of Merging Clips and Synchronizing Clips.

Which Method is the Best choice using Plur Eyes 4, or the premiere Synchronizing options?

Thank you very much.

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems merging clips can get quite a pita.

https://premierepro.net/audio-syncing/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ms. Ann.

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere's Multicam process as Jarle notes so well, is in most cases better down the road than simply "synchronizing" clips.

I agree with Jarle, actually. And ... his massive book on PrPro is still by far the best documentation of actually using this complex app.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Mr. Neil.

Ok, when I use the PluralEyes, After Syncing, I have to Select all the Clips, and Nest them, By Right-Clicking-Nest.

Then, I Right-Clik on the Nested Footage and Select MultiCamera-Enable.

I noticed, under Enable, there is Flatten.

When would you use Flatten?

Also, Instead of using The PluralEyes, If I use The Create Multi-Camera Source From Sequence, I don't have to Nest the Clips.

So Technically, Create Multi-Camera Source From Sequence, It does a better job than PluralEyes?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not used Plural Eyes ... my understanding is they get to the same place but a bit differently. Some people don't see a need for it, but some swear by working with it.

I know some that are skilled with the Premiere multicam process that think it does nearly everything Plural eye does ... and some that clearly do not. It's a choice, and one that many will choose differently. Because we all do things differently.

Flattening is something that is typically done at the end of the project ... when you're adding the graphics and such, getting ready for exporting. And a lot of people will duplicate a sequence, store the original one, and flatten the dupe for exporting.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Neil.

First of all, Thank you very much for your help.

Regarding Flattening, I am familiar with Flattening In Photoshop. I did not know there was a Flattening Inside Premiere Pro. I noticed Flattening is only In the Multi-Cam, Is that Correct?

For testing purposes, I Flatten the Multi-Cam Footage of Three Cameras, and I noticed, only one Camera Is Showing.

Do I need to Flatten the Multi-Cam before Exporting?

Also, Let say, that you only have One Camera footage, but with many Adjustment Layers, and different Sound Clips, When you want to Export your Footage, do you Flatten It first?

Inside the Premiere Pro, don't see any Options for Flattening a regular Footage

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't have to of course ... probably most don't. There are some uses/workflows where it's wise. Might not be in yours.

It is used for say getting something ready to do an XML or EDL prepped for a conform out/in to another program, for instance.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines