PluralEyes Workflow to replace multiple clips in fully edited Sequence

May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

We're film students so please be gentle with us. We know we should've done all this before starting to edit...

We edited our film using the Camera Sound (it's a documentary) and now we need to synch about 30% of the film with the audio files from our sound recordist. For synching the material we're using PluralEyes.

Our Workflow is the following

1. Drag&Drop Audio Files and Video File (with on camera sound) in PE

2. Export for Premiere

3. In Premiere we get a new Sequence with all Audio Tracks (5 tracks from Sound Recordist + 1 Track from on camera sound)

4. We use Match Frame to add the Audio Files from our Sound Recordist to each clip in the edited Sequence

Is there an easier Workflow? For example can I tell Premiere to replace all Clips from "No_01" to "No_100 with the Clips "No_01_synch" to "No_100_synch" in a way that Premiere also automatically replaces the clips wherever they were used in a Timeline? Or is there a simpler way to add the 5 additional Audio Tracks to the clips in our Timeline?

We appreciate every bit of help! Thanks in advance!

And all the best!

TOPICS
Audio, Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would like to explain the best workflow, but can't do it better than Larry Jordan:

https://larryjordan.com/articles/adobe-premiere-pro-cc-sync-double-system-sound/

I hope this helps

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines